Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Re-Entering the Workforce after Daycare
SunflowerMama 01:33 PM 09-26-2016
Has anyone made the decision to head back into the workforce and close down your daycare and NOT regretted it . I've been doing daycare a little over 7 years now and don't know if it's a 7 year itch or time to venture into a new season. I've tossed my resume into the pool for a position within my old field of work and I'm pretty petrified but also excited. My own kids are 9 years old now and with a job outside of the house I'd actually have more flexibility to attend their school stuff. My kids are also pretty done with the DCKs invading their space and always being around. I also wouldn't mind getting my house back. Any encouragement from someone who's closed down their daycare and successful reentered the work world would be awesome!!
nannyde 03:53 PM 09-26-2016
I have and I hate it.

I moved in 2014 and took a year and a half off. I did part time for a few months. I have worked full time for nine months and it sucks.

1. I hate working for other people.
2. I hate driving because I suck at it.
3. I hate the time it takes to drive and do lunch breaks.
4. I hate not having the awesome tax deductions.
5. I hate paying 35 percent of my income into taxes.
6. I am not used to being around adults. It's overwhelming for me.

1. I love having a flexible schedule.
2. I love having SO many paid days off.
3. I love the free health insurance I get.
4. I REALLY LOVE the retirement contributions my employer makes.
5. I adore my boss. If I HAVE to have one, I couldn't have a nicer one.

In the end.. all the loves aren't enough. I have a little less than two years before ds graduates and will most likely return to child care.

Who knows though.... the health insurance issue is huge. Once I go self employed again I may not be able to make enough to pay for it.
Unregistered 02:14 AM 09-27-2016
I did! I left family child care for 14 yrs. and never looked back until I re-entered the field a few years ago! I LOVED it. The best experience ever!

I worked for a family agency doing parenting classes, family fun nights, play groups, and much more. I loved it. Our focus was birth to five so I still got my kid fix!
Reply Up