Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Birthday Party Favors
kcnjason 08:37 PM 04-11-2012
This does not pertain to childcare but my daughter who turned 8 is having a sleepover party for her friends. We are taking 7 of them to the circus, having pizza, juice and cake. I am looking for some SIMPLE party favor ideas. I don't really care for the goody bags with 8 different items from the $ store that are broken in a short time or thrown in the trash. I'm hoping for a simple/cheap little goody for each girl to take home. IDEAS???
Kaddidle Care 04:01 AM 04-12-2012
Sidewalk Chalk and/or Bubble wands. (You're never too old for bubbles IMHO!)

On the more Girly side - Hair do-dads - headbands, bows, clips. (Dollar store)

Pretty Pens/Pencils for School
Solandia 05:01 AM 04-12-2012
My oldest recently had a sleepover, and they all got a locking kaboodle/jewelry case. But the dad works at the factory, and I know in the factory store they are only about $5 each.

My friend once did a birthday tea party...they all went to goodwill & picked out their own teacups...came back to the house, washed them and made cookies together. Everyone took their teacup home...no other favors.

However, if we taking everyone to the circus(or even "just" the movies)...I wouldn't feel too pressured on having take home party favors. If I was inspired, maybe....but unnecessary, imo.
Springdaze 06:00 AM 04-12-2012
I think the circus is plenty! my daughter is having a sleepover too and I am going to get flannel blanket material and cut it in big squares, make fringes on the ends and they tie 2 squares together and make a pillow.
SilverSabre25 07:13 AM 04-12-2012
Give them each a mini Webkinz. That's ~$5 each.
AfterSchoolMom 07:14 AM 04-12-2012
If you're paying for 8 circus tickets, pizza, juice, and cake, I don't think a favor is really necessary. Maybe take a photo of all of them at the circus, and print a copy for each girl?
SilverSabre25 07:19 AM 04-12-2012
I like AfterSchoolMom's photo idea!

You could go to Michaels/Jo-Ann's and get simple frames to put the pictures in for pretty cheap.
MrsB 07:20 AM 04-12-2012
What about getting the glow stick bracelets/neclaces for them to where at the circus? They aren't really reusable to take home but I know I would appreciate the kids to not bring home a bunch of little things to get lost in my couch or sucked up in my vaccuum from a bday party!
kathiemarie 07:27 AM 04-12-2012
I like the idea of the picture. You can get wood frames for about a $1 and the girls can decorate them.
mom2many 07:57 AM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by kathiemarie:
I like the idea of the picture. You can get wood frames for about a $1 and the girls can decorate them.
This is a really cute idea! I agree that the some of the stuff kids get in goodie bags is a waste. Here are some of the things I used to get for my daughter's parties: hair stuff, flavored chap stick, pencils, special erasers, note pads & candy bead necklaces. Many times Michael's has great little things in their $ bins.
MarinaVanessa 08:53 AM 04-12-2012
Since you're taking them to the circus why not make the goody bags a circus theme with circus type snacks?

You can get the white paper lunch bags for them and have them decorate them with circus animal/clown stickers. They can draw and color their own circus on the bags and add their own stickers to decorate them.

For inside the bag you can give them plastic sandwich bags filled with goldfish crackers, animal crackers, small pieces of cotton candy, pop corn etc.

For toys I do like the idea of bubbles. You can get a few of the smaller size ones for relatively cheap at wal-mart, target or even Michaels if you use one of their 40% off coupons.

I LOVE the circus. My kids are having a circus themed bday party that I'm already planning and it's not until November
Kaddidle Care 01:33 PM 04-12-2012
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
If you're paying for 8 circus tickets, pizza, juice, and cake, I don't think a favor is really necessary. Maybe take a photo of all of them at the circus, and print a copy for each girl?
That is a great idea! I like the Michael's/Joann's/?? frame idea too. We got wood frames for the Daycare Children and they painted them and we sprayed them with acrylic sealer. That would be cool. I'm sure they also have circus themed stickies for the frames if you like instead.
meganlavonnesmommy 05:30 PM 04-12-2012
A recent party we went to gave each child a bag filled with bubblebath from the dollar store, they were cute girly and boy superhero themed, and one of those washclothes that you put in water and it expands. I loved it cause I knew it was something we would actually use!
Reply Up