Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>O.K. I Really Really Tried
Michelle 07:16 PM 01-28-2012
I am looking for wall mural websites.
I want to get one like sunflowermama's tree with tire swing, I have searched for a long time and I can't find the link.
Help
SilverSabre25 09:46 PM 01-28-2012
I think that she had a friend paint that for her
Kaddidle Care 05:40 AM 01-29-2012
I think you might need to check with local Artists. Or maybe check local Pediatric locations - Hospitals, Surgeons, Doctors Offices to see if they've had anyone do this.

I'm a big fan of posting requests like this on local town forums. You can get good recommendations for things.

I did a google image search for "southern california local artists children's wall murals" and found a link to this one: http://www.allmyheartonline.com/childrens-rooms.html

Keep searching! You might even check with the local High Schools Art Teachers to see if they recommend one of their Students. There's a lot of talent out there. Best wishes!
Michelle 06:25 AM 01-29-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I think you might need to check with local Artists. Or maybe check local Pediatric locations - Hospitals, Surgeons, Doctors Offices to see if they've had anyone do this.

I'm a big fan of posting requests like this on local town forums. You can get good recommendations for things.

I did a google image search for "southern california local artists children's wall murals" and found a link to this one: http://www.allmyheartonline.com/childrens-rooms.html

Keep searching! You might even check with the local High Schools Art Teachers to see if they recommend one of their Students. There's a lot of talent out there. Best wishes!
wow! thanks, but I can't afford a custom artist come here. We are redoing our playroom this weekend and we were looking for a big peel and stick picture for our reading corner. I have spent hours googling wall murals and can't find anything I like except that one picture Sunflower mama has in her playroom. I did pm her but it's the weekend and I understand.
I thought she said it was a peel and stick.
Maybe it was painted. It's o,k, I will keep looking.
Sunchimes 06:31 AM 01-29-2012
Did you check Wallies? I don't know what sunflowermama had, but they have a cute one with swing and, well, some cute ones. Here's the link to the ones with trees.
http://www.wallies.com/search-pages-...=42&submit.y=8

I covet the wall race track.
Kaddidle Care 06:35 AM 01-29-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
wow! thanks, but I can't afford a custom artist come here. We are redoing our playroom this weekend and we were looking for a big peel and stick picture for our reading corner. I have spent hours googling wall murals and can't find anything I like except that one picture Sunflower mama has in her playroom. I did pm her but it's the weekend and I understand.
Better yet - sketch it out and paint it yourself!
Blackcat31 07:20 AM 01-29-2012
Originally Posted by Michelle:
Michelle~ I have one room that is a giant Winnie-the-Pooh mural and I called our local high school and had a student come out to paint mine. His teacher gave him the option of being paid or doing the job for credit. He choose credit and I supplied the paint.

You could also try using one of those wall projectors and using that to place your design on the wall and paint it yourself.

I can't remember is Sunflowermama's mural is a decal or painted either but it sure is cute!

You could also ask Texasjeepgirl too as she has some adorable wall paintings that I LOVE!!!!
Michelle 09:29 AM 01-29-2012
Me, paint? I couldn't draw a straight line with the help of a ruler!

I will check into all those sites, thanks ladies!
melskids 06:36 AM 01-29-2012
What about fathead? I don't know he website offhand though.
Sunchimes 07:04 AM 01-29-2012
Oh, and try etsy-search for vinyl. I've found some great stuff there.
Tags:theme, theme - construction, websites
Reply Up