Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Job Commuting Question
Unregistered 06:01 PM 01-15-2014
I had gotten lots of help for my day care taxes on here, but have a different question now that may be Tom or someone could help.

My husband started working for a new job this last year. His office is in the town we live in, but they have him travel often and drive around town to meetings weekly. He doesn't get reimbursed for mileage so is it possible for him to deduct any of his travel cost for our taxes? If so how and where?

Thanks!
284878 09:09 PM 01-15-2014
Yes I believe so. If you use something like turbo tax, it will ask work related expenses. I know I wrote off my travel expense a few years back, I had help with my taxes that year so I not sure what form it īs on.
TomCopeland 07:32 AM 01-16-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I had gotten lots of help for my day care taxes on here, but have a different question now that may be Tom or someone could help.

My husband started working for a new job this last year. His office is in the town we live in, but they have him travel often and drive around town to meetings weekly. He doesn't get reimbursed for mileage so is it possible for him to deduct any of his travel cost for our taxes? If so how and where?

Thanks!
Your husband can claim the miles he drives for his business as an unreimbursed employee expense as an itemized deduction on Schedule A.
Tags:commuting, deduction - car, schedule a, transportation
Reply Up