Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Field Trip Transportation...
Unregistered 11:52 AM 05-16-2016
I am a daycare in Michigan (western side), and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for transportation for field trips. I can't fit all the kids in my personally owned vehicle, and I would like to have a transportation company drive us; however, the only one I found was quite pricey. Any suggestions? Any other provider do field trips? I know parents would probably prefer a reliable transportation company transporting the kids. Thank you for any advice.
Thriftylady 12:32 PM 05-16-2016
If I can't fit everyone in the van (or DD's car if van is in the shop or something), we don't go. Now we are planning to go to a real train ride. Were supposed to go in May but had to move it for reasons out of my control. DD and DH want to go so we may have to take two vehicles. I hate that, because this one is a 90 drive one way. But it is what we will do.
Unregistered 03:08 PM 05-16-2016
Due to the high liability of transporting children along with the high cost of securing a bus and all the paperwork that entails, I have parents or their designated person transport their own child in their own vehicle. I am closed on Fridays so that is the day I do a field trip and parents must stay and accompany their child. When I was open on Fridays, I still had parents transport to and from the field trip location to my home if they needed to go back to work. Most times they ended up taking their child home from the field trip location, or I would just have one child that would return for the rest of the day.
DaveA 04:21 PM 05-16-2016
Any time I have a trip that involves more DCKs than I can fit in my van, I ask DCPs to drive. I usually have enough parents that go. About the only time I do it is the end of summer Zoo Trip, and parents want to go to that.
Mike 06:25 PM 05-16-2016
I plan to offer field trips once in a while, but with my vehicle, I have no problem. I have a 15 passenger van and a bus license. For my own security, and the safety of the children, I will only do field trips if at least one of the parents wants to come along to be my assistant. If I had 5 kids at a zoo and 1 decided to run, I would not be able to chase after the 1 and leave the other 4 alone. Like Dave said, there probably will be at least 1 parent who would love to go.
Tags:field trip, transportation
Reply Up