Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Chairs
tenderhearts 10:43 AM 11-28-2018
What kind of a rocking chair do you have?
littlefriends 11:22 AM 11-28-2018
Mine is just a basic wood rocking chair, it was my great grandma’s and I got it when my mom passed away. I love it. I sewed a really cute seat cushion for it and keep a cozy throw over the back of it to keep the kids from scratching it and to make it cozy to sit in to read to the kids. I had a glider before I got this one and the kids would knock it over on top of themselves when they tried to get out of it!
e.j. 01:57 PM 11-28-2018
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
I had a glider before I got this one and the kids would knock it over on top of themselves when they tried to get out of it!
I have a glider and mine can tip over too easily, too, when the kids try to slide off of it. My rule here is that no one touches it or sits on it but me. It can take a lot of repetition until the younger/newer kids get it but eventually they leave it alone.
storybookending 08:41 PM 11-28-2018
I have a basic wooden rocker, the kids are not allowed to sit on it. They can only sit on the couch when the tv is on after nap. I’ve found I don’t sit in my rocker when I don’t have any young infants. My goddaughter was here last week one day and I sat to bottle feed her and realized I haven’t sat in that chair in quite awhile.

My mandatory “adult sized furniture” in our downstairs playroom is this ridiculous chair that I got when I was 10 that spins all the way around which I love but it’s pretty low to the ground and my littles think it’s onay to climb when I’m not looking. It is starting to rip and I’ll need to replace soon. Been wondering what to replace it with. Good to know gliders tip easily as that was an option for me.
Tags:chair, rocking chair
Reply Up