Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare

Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare Daycare.com Forum does not allow for advertising but if you are a member trying to Buy, Sell, or Lease a facility, we encourage you to use this thread. (Admin reserves the right to remove any post deemed unworthy)

Old 12-27-2019, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

Lightbulb Seeking Space within an Existing Center-Based Program

I’m a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA), school administrator, and certified special education teacher. I am seeking to partner with preschools to provide applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapy within preschool/daycare settings.

In case you are unfamiliar with what a BCBA does or what ABA is, we are independent practitioners who provide behavior analysis services. ABA therapy is considered by many experts to be the gold-standard treatment for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or other developmental conditions.

If you are familiar with ABA therapy, you may have heard of home-based and center-based programs; however, research (Dixon, Burns, Granpeesheh, Roshan, Powell & Linstead, 2017; Weiss, n.d.) demonstrates that they often fall short because the children have difficulty generalizing the skills taught in isolation in the home or therapy center to the natural environment (e.g. school).

Thus, I am seeking classroom and office/therapy (e.g. OT, PT, Speech) space within an existing program. Additionally, because the goal is to help our children learn from one another, I am also looking for the ability to have my clients along with their therapists periodically visit the typical classroom.

If this interests you, please reach out to me at c.broner@att.net.
Old 12-30-2019, 06:15 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

What state, county?

Also, you may want to contract with local Child Care Resource and Referral agencies as that is who provides our therapists for free. Only they can receive the grant money that pays for these services, not us. (at least in my state)
Old 01-01-2020, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Thanks

Hi Cat! I'm currently in Michigan, but I'm a Georgia resident and seeking to return to the South.

Which state are you in?

Thanks for the information regarding Child Care Resource and Referral.

Tags
occupational therapy, space needed, speech therapist, therapist