Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How/When Do You Tell Families You're Moving?
MotherNature 07:37 AM 08-30-2013
Our lease is up on Halloween, so we are looking to be someplace Nov 1st..moved in middle of October. Since renting the apt we're in now (been there almost 2 years), my husband was in a very serious accident which drained our savings and we're in the midst of legal proceedings. The accident was not his fault; a kid ran a red light and t-boned him, totalling our car and causing a lifelong disability to my husband. My oldest child has also moved out & my middle child is attending a residential high school & is only home when the college is closed it is attached to, so basically every 6 weeks home for the weekend, and then at winter and spring break & thru the summer, meaning he's here maybe 3 months out of the year. Because of these things, we're just looking for a 2 br now and at a cheaper price than we're paying now. Problem is I don't know if my families will follow me. I have 3 families. Should I just say, " Hey our lease is up on Halloween, & we're considering moving. If we do, what areas of town would you continue having me care for your child in & what areas are too far?" How far in advance would you say anything? I have a 2 week notice thing in my contract, on my end, but by 2 weeks prior to moving, everything is packed. I pack ahead of time, as soon as I know for sure we're moving, so I don't stress about it, & the piles of boxes would be obvious to the families. My husband has a bad back from teh accident, so hiding everything in the basement is impractical.
sharlan 07:48 AM 08-30-2013
I would let them know as soon as you know exactly when and where you are moving.
Cat Herder 08:30 AM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I would let them know as soon as you know exactly when and where you are moving.
This

If you don't find a place in time, I'd hate for you to also lose your income.

Notify the day you make the deposit on your new place.
butterfly 10:37 AM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
This

If you don't find a place in time, I'd hate for you to also lose your income.

Notify the day you make the deposit on your new place.
And I certainly wouldn't ask YOUR CLIENTS where you should move. Make the best choice for YOUR FAMILY. If they follow, great. If they don't, new families will come along.
Maria2013 10:52 AM 08-30-2013
Originally Posted by butterfly:
And I certainly wouldn't ask YOUR CLIENTS where you should move. Make the best choice for YOUR FAMILY. If they follow, great. If they don't, new families will come along.
yeah that^
Reply Up