Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
New Members - Welcome to the Daycare.com Forum!>Newbie Here :)
LissaM31 05:52 PM 10-01-2013
Hello friends! I am new to the day care world. I am a stay home mom who moved to Pensacola, Florida November last year! I am used to working out side the home a nurse for 10+ years and 5 years as a daycare assistant. So now I get to stay home with my two kids and home school them I currently keep one child three day per week. I am looking to become licensed and take in more children. It is such a long stressful process trying to get everything figured out right. How long did it take you to get your home and licensing in order? Were you unlicensed caring for children and then became licensed?

Thank you in advance
Michael 05:53 PM 10-01-2013
Welcome to the forum. How did you find us?
LissaM31 06:47 PM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by Michael:
Welcome to the forum. How did you find us?
Thanks Michael! I actually googled day care forums and this site was first to pop up!! I really enjoy reading and getting information from the posters
Maria2013 07:14 PM 10-01-2013
Hi and welcome
Blackcat31 07:42 AM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by LissaM31:
Hello friends! I am new to the day care world. I am a stay home mom who moved to Pensacola, Florida November last year! I am used to working out side the home a nurse for 10+ years and 5 years as a daycare assistant. So now I get to stay home with my two kids and home school them I currently keep one child three day per week. I am looking to become licensed and take in more children. It is such a long stressful process trying to get everything figured out right. How long did it take you to get your home and licensing in order? Were you unlicensed caring for children and then became licensed?

Thank you in advance
Welcome to the forum

As far as how long it takes to get everything in order goes, it differs from one area to the next. Some states are quick and others not so much.

Glad you found us!
LissaM31 09:06 AM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by Maria2013:
Hi and welcome
Hi and thank you Maria2013
LissaM31 10:04 AM 10-02-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Welcome to the forum

As far as how long it takes to get everything in order goes, it differs from one area to the next. Some states are quick and others not so much.

Glad you found us!
Thanks Blackcat31. I figured it would vary. I am from Minnesota and things move very quickly and now I am in Florida (Pensacola) It is more slow and laid back. So yeah, I think it may be awhile lol.
Tags:florida member
Reply Up