Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Toddler-Preschool Books....
youretooloud 04:32 PM 03-11-2011
I'm doing some Amazon shopping this weekend. (gift cards)

I need new books to read to the kids.

My kids are all around 2-3-ish age, with a couple of part time four year olds.. but, I'm really looking for books for the very little ones.

Their favorite books right now are "Too Loud Lily" and "Don't let Pigeon drive the bus". So, I'm thinking books that are silly and repetitive. Most of the books I have currently are just a little too old for this group.
daycare 04:43 PM 03-11-2011
I like Eric carle books. Mine and kids fav
DCMomOf3 04:50 PM 03-11-2011
Sandra Boyton has great board books. Eric Carle is good too.

I often check books out at the library first, try them (and the author) out on the kids before I buy a lot.
kendallina 05:07 PM 03-11-2011
Ooooh, yeh, I LOVE Sandra Boyton for the young kiddos.
kidkair 05:18 PM 03-11-2011
Mo Willems' Pigeon books are great and also has Elephant and Piggie books that are hilarious.
Candyland 06:15 PM 03-11-2011
I think using the local library is the way to go. But, if you're trying to build up your own personal library...don't forget to check out KOHL's...they were (??) selling the Eric Carle books for only $5 each. Luv him!
thecrazyisout 06:42 PM 03-11-2011
I have built my library by going to the goodwill...amazingly enough people donate the best stuff. I have a ton of toddler books that I can just point pictures out for my 18 month- 24month old kids. It is amazing how just looking at those books has drawn them to the other books.....so animal and picture books. Especially since they hate to sit through a lot of the book and mostly look at pictures anyway.
Crystal 07:18 PM 03-11-2011
Absolutely anything Eric Carle, though some of his books are intended for preschoolers. ALL age groups love his books though because of the artwork and the favorite "themes"

A favorite of mine for all age groups is, of course, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" If you ever watch the video and get the "catchy" lyrics to the book, it's a lot of fun to read it that way with the children!

"The Grouchy Ladybug" and "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" are also favorites.
Crystal 07:20 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Candyland:
I think using the local library is the way to go. But, if you're trying to build up your own personal library...don't forget to check out KOHL's...they were (??) selling the Eric Carle books for only $5 each. Luv him!
Yep, Kohls had them in Hardcover for $5. I bought each title! AWESOME buy!
DCMomOf3 07:26 PM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
A favorite of mine for all age groups is, of course, "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" If you ever watch the video and get the "catchy" lyrics to the book, it's a lot of fun to read it that way with the children!
The also have Chicka Chicka 1, 2, 3.
kathiemarie 07:31 PM 03-11-2011
I love Jon Scieszka's Trucktown books. They are bright and colorfull.
Tags:books
Reply Up