Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Menus, Breakfast, Lunch and Snack Ideas>Do You Love Your Mom?
Wraptomahom 08:40 PM 12-13-2011
At 3 yrs old we say: "Mommy, I love you".

At 10: "Mom whatever!"

At 16:"My mom is so annoying"

At 18: "I wanna leave this house".

At 25:"Mom, you were right".

At 30: "I wanna go back to my Mom's house"

At 50: "I don't wanna lose my Mom".

At 70: "I would give up EVERYTHING for my Mom to be here with me".
You only have one Mom.
Kaddidle Care 04:08 AM 12-14-2011
How very true!
Meyou 04:09 AM 12-14-2011
I'm still at "My mom is so annoying." What does that say about me?
melissa ann 04:23 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
I'm still at "My mom is so annoying." What does that say about me?
I'm right there with you: )
Kaddidle Care 05:13 AM 12-14-2011
I'm at the "I don't wanna lose my Mom" stage.

She's got dementia and/or alsheimers and I'm losing her already.
melissa ann 06:59 AM 12-14-2011
My mom calls the doctor for every little thing. And normally, ends up in the hospital once a year for anxiety. She left me a message this morning that she is going to the doctor this afternoon. For what? A cough. She's annoyed that she's had it for 5 weeks. She bought a vaporizer last night, and apparently she won't give it more than 1 night to help her. She doesn't cough all the time. But around here, everyone has the annoying hacking cough that sometimes sound really horrible and will last a couple of minutes. She gets annoyed when the doctor's don't have an "illness" or give her something. I told her, sometimes you just have to let it run its course. She has no other symptoms. If I called the doctor for every little ache or pain, I'd never leave the doctor's office, and I'm 38.
Country Kids 08:42 AM 12-14-2011
I've been at the "I wish my mom was here" for the last 12 years. I lost her when I was 32-.

Melissa Ann not to scare you or anything, but I wish my mom had gone in sooner for her "cough". She had lung cancer and from diagnoses to passing away was only 5 months.
mismatchedsocks 08:50 AM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by Wraptomahom:
At 3 yrs old we say: "Mommy, I love you".

At 10: "Mom whateve!"

At 16:"My mom is so annoying"

At 18: "I wanna leave this house".

At 25:"Mom, you were right".

At 30: "I wanna go back to my Mom's house"

At 50: "I don't wanna lose my Mom".

At 70: "I would give up EVERYTHING for my Mom to be here with me".
You only have one Mom.
I am at age 10-16. I will never be age 30!
Meeko 10:07 AM 12-14-2011
My Mum is on the other side of the world and I would so love to spend more time with her. She was here for three weeks in June. I don't know when I will see her again. It was two years prior to this last visit and 5 years before that.....she's 73 and my father is 80. The years are passing way too fast.

"Those of you who have a mother...treasure her with care
For you will never know her true worth 'til you see her vacant chair."
lil angels 12:01 PM 12-14-2011
I feel sory for all of you people. I am 33 and I don't want to move back in with her but I talk to her every week and often visit at least once a week I enjoy my mom very much.. I only am going to have one so make it good I get alittle annoyed sometimes but don't you get alittle annoyed with everyone sometimes.
Country Kids 12:29 PM 12-14-2011
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I feel sory for all of you people. I am 33 and I don't want to move back in with her but I talk to her every week and often visit at least once a week I enjoy my mom very much.. I only am going to have one so make it good I get alittle annoyed sometimes but don't you get alittle annoyed with everyone sometimes.
My mom and I talked daily on the phone-to many times a day to count. Also, she lived about 5 housed down the street from me.
mismatchedsocks 12:31 PM 12-14-2011
I wish we had a good relationship, it would be nice to talk to her daily or weekly. Sadly I get drunk emails, that tell me what I am doing wrong as my monthly encouragement.

However I can insert my dad in that, and I would be 70, and 3 years old at same time!
safechner 11:53 AM 12-15-2011
I am 33 and I do love my mom very much. Somewhat, I don't talk to my mom very much. We texted each other maybe one time a month. Some of my friends think I am nuts that I don't talk to my mom much. They talked to their mothers everyday or whatever. I often don't check to see how my mom doing. I always think my parents are very weird and I prefer to stay away from them (750 miles away). We only visit them once or twice a year. I know it is a shame but I don't, honestly!!
melissa ann 12:05 PM 12-15-2011
It turns out my mom has bronchotitis. Which really surprised me. She's been working overtime, and she's been out running around doing christmas shopping or with her friends. Although, I swear some of her cough fits sound a little fake to me.

My mom lives about 2 blocks from me. I usually hear from her at least once a day. I don't normally call her, she calls me. She just stresses me out with all her complaints on how well she's NOT feeling.
My dad is another story (they are divorced). Right now, we are speaking to each other. About once a week. Although, we have gone 7 or more months w/o speaking to each other. He has health issues, MS, stroke, and is just plain spiteful. Always was, before his health issues. You neve know when or why he gets mad and will just stop talking to you. It used to bother me, but now, not so much. I finally realized it's his loss and I have enough to worry about with my family, and life in general. I'm always here when he gets over it, but I don't fret over it anymore.
Meyou 12:30 PM 12-15-2011
My mom is controlling and critical to an extent that my children don't enjoy being around her and I get physically ill when we have a family gatherings from anxiety. The single best thing I ever did was distance myself from my mother. There is no middle ground and no compromise with her. I'm forever 10 and she's forever my boss (in her eyes) despite my successful life, family and career.
mismatchedsocks 12:32 PM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by Meyou:
My mom is controlling and critical to an extent that my children don't enjoy being around her and I get physically ill when we have a family gatherings from anxiety. The single best thing I ever did was distance myself from my mother. There is no middle ground and no compromise with her. I'm forever 10 and she's forever my boss (in her eyes) despite my successful life, family and career.

Sounds like me. (hugs)
Meeko 07:21 PM 12-15-2011
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
My mom and I talked daily on the phone-to many times a day to count. Also, she lived about 5 housed down the street from me.
I am insanely jealous!!!!
pfund2233 07:52 PM 12-15-2011
My mom/dad, my sister and her family and my brother and his family all live within 3 houses of each other! I talk to my sister 2x a day... bro 2x a day... see my bro's wife to be 1x a day and talk to my mom 2x a day and see her 1x a day... dad I talk to 2x a day.

Think we are close or what?? LOL
daycare 08:41 AM 12-16-2011
i printed this out and gave it to my 13 year old so that she can see that I MUST be doing things right because she thinks I am annoying...lol
Former Teacher 06:23 AM 12-17-2011
To put it bluntly my mother is one of the loves of my life (after the hubby and the dog )

Growing up she was my best friend and my worst enemy. We fought constantly. However once I grew up and grew out of that rebel stage, I appreciate all she has ever done for all of us.

She had a bout of breast cancer almost 7 years ago and that aged her. She still is whippy. She tells people she has the body of an 80 year old (she will be 69 in March) but the mind of a 30 year old....so very true!

Sure we still get in tiffs and she still makes me go....(pulling hair icon lol)

I can go on and on about her. She is my mother, my hero, my best friend, my world. There is nothing in this world that I wouldn't do for her.
Former Teacher 06:26 AM 12-17-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
i printed this out and gave it to my 13 year old so that she can see that I MUST be doing things right because she thinks I am annoying...lol
http://mrmom.amaonline.com/poems/meanestmother.htm

Try that one too!
e.j. 07:48 PM 12-17-2011
I'm at the "I would give up EVERYTHING for my Mom to be here with me".
You only have one Mom." stage. She died of lung cancer when I was 18. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of her and wish that she was still here with us. My dad passed away at the end of April. I feel the same way about him. My brothers and sister and I were truly blessed to have had the parents we did. I'm sorry that not everyone is so lucky.
Hunni Bee 08:47 PM 12-18-2011
My mom is at my house right now, spending the night in my spare bedroom. I just left her house.

I think I'm still in "I love you Mommy" stage.
Tags:mom
Reply Up