Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wwyd....
lflick 07:10 AM 10-22-2013
Okay... LOOOONG story short.... DCM brought DCK this am with an obvious red eye and undereye.... She did mention it was bothering him and that's why it is red.... DCM did not come in like usual... stayed in the mudroom..... stated DCK was very tired and would be ready for nap right away.... also mentioned he did not sleep good last night.... anyhow.... mom leaves... I take DCK into the play area.... get a better look at eye in the light... um.... IDK if pink eye is EVER this bad.... it looks like the purulent drainage is from pink eye BUT it also looks like some sort of sty on steroids on the lower eye area...... I do NOT accept kids with ANY sort of contagious illness...... This is actually this families last week... I feel it's due to sending home due to water diarrhea... two days in a row.... and mom was not happy.... but the reasoning is apparently due to not wanting to drive here... anyhow not that it matters.... BUT I am very much already over parents bringing sick kids.... WWYD?
daycarediva 07:14 AM 10-22-2013
Send home. Last week, I wouldn't even fret if she was upset. If it is pink eye, it's highly contagious. Part of my health policy, any eye drainage goes home.
Familycare71 07:16 AM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
Send home. Last week, I wouldn't even fret if she was upset. If it is pink eye, it's highly contagious. Part of my health policy, any eye drainage goes home.

lflick 07:16 AM 10-22-2013
OMG I just realized she did not leave payment on the table either!
Cat Herder 07:19 AM 10-22-2013
Send home, demand payment. Decon, Decon, Decon.

This was most likely purposeful....

I'd probably terminate for Friday, but that is a moot point here.

I am so sorry your week is going this way. Sending vibes for an awesome weekend.
lflick 07:36 AM 10-22-2013
I sent DCM a message stating that he needs to be picked up, evaluated and treated prior to being accepted back into care.... we will see if she responds...
Soccermom 07:39 AM 10-22-2013
Originally Posted by lflick:
Okay... LOOOONG story short.... DCM brought DCK this am with an obvious red eye and undereye.... She did mention it was bothering him and that's why it is red.... DCM did not come in like usual... stayed in the mudroom..... stated DCK was very tired and would be ready for nap right away.... also mentioned he did not sleep good last night.... anyhow.... mom leaves... I take DCK into the play area.... get a better look at eye in the light... um.... IDK if pink eye is EVER this bad.... it looks like the purulent drainage is from pink eye BUT it also looks like some sort of sty on steroids on the lower eye area...... I do NOT accept kids with ANY sort of contagious illness...... This is actually this families last week... I feel it's due to sending home due to water diarrhea... two days in a row.... and mom was not happy.... but the reasoning is apparently due to not wanting to drive here... anyhow not that it matters.... BUT I am very much already over parents bringing sick kids.... WWYD?
I would put him for a nap and then call DCM when he wakes up. I would tell her that you are afraid he is contagious and that he is too ill and unhappy to be at daycare. I would also tell her to keep him home for the rest of the week since Pink Eye takes several days to resolve.
MotherNature 07:39 AM 10-22-2013
wow. That sounds malicious & purposeful-trying to slide a contagious disease by you & then non-payment? yeah, she better come back real quick to pick him up...with payment. Else, hello late fees.
momofboys 07:39 AM 10-22-2013
I sent DCM a message stating that he needs to be picked up, evaluated and treated prior to being accepted back into care.... we will see if she responds...
the child doesn't need to be there with an eye that bad.
WImom 07:42 AM 10-22-2013
I would also send home or require him to be seem by a doctor. UGGG! about payment! Now you get to address that too!
lflick 08:27 AM 10-22-2013
SO.... she just picked up DCK,.... and is refusing to pay me! Said I am "unreliable" and every time DCK is sick she has to pick him up.... ..... WTH...
TheGoodLife 08:32 AM 10-22-2013
Did you get a picture of the eye? If you need to take her to court for some reason, or if you want to show licensing (sounds like she's the type to make a false report) that documentation would help. Sorry you are going through this!
Cat Herder 08:34 AM 10-22-2013
SO.... she just picked up DCK,.... and is refusing to pay me! Said I am "unreliable" and every time DCK is sick she has to pick him up.... ..... WTH...
Certified letter then collections.

Picking up sick kids is a Parents responsibility. Dropping off a sick kid makes her an unreliable parent.

I am sticking with "purposeful, to give her an excuse to get out of paying you". It is classic. I bet she thinks she is the first to come up with it.

http://www.providerwatch.com = Off to black-list she goes...
cara041083 09:30 AM 10-22-2013
I would send an email, text or certified letter highlighting the policy she signed, also let her know that if payment is not received, then late fees will apply, and kindly tell her that If not paid you will send her to collections on such and such date. the key is document everything. Good luck
SSWonders 09:45 AM 10-22-2013

Ummm...YEAH! That's what parents do when their child is sick. I'm assuming you won't be taking him for the rest of the week.
lflick 09:55 AM 10-22-2013
I did not get a photo of the eye as he almost immediately fell asleep and then when he woke up it was time to eat and start to scrub stuff down.... I will be sending a certified letter... do any of you have a template or example for this? I have not yet had to do this!
CedarCreek 10:44 AM 10-22-2013
Dear Dcm,

As per our child care agreement, payment is due whether or not your child is absent due to illness or otherwise. I am assuming by your refusal to pay that you are no longer in need of my services. Your balance is (insert fee for two weeks notice here) and you are accruing late fees of(insert your late fees) everyday that it is late. Failure to pay by (insert due date of your choosing) will result in your account being turned over to collections.

Thank you,
Provider

I'd attach a copy of your illness policy and two weeks notice agreement.
butterfly 12:26 PM 10-22-2013
I hope you are then refusing care. What an a$$ of a parent!
Reply Up