Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Collecting Bounced Checks
lflick 05:24 PM 06-11-2015
Ok... my first time with bounced checks... two from the same parent... (Deposited at the same time)....

I am to the stage I need to send a certified letter to collect..... do any of you have a sample letter you send if you don't mind sharing?
AmyKidsCo 06:50 PM 06-11-2015
Why do you need to send a certified letter?

I have parents replace bounced checks with cash, plus the NSF fee. And after 2 bounced checks they're required to pay in cash or money orders.
Michael 12:37 AM 06-12-2015
Some threads on Bounced Check :https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...=bounced+check

and Bounced Check Letter: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...d+check+letter
DaveA 04:46 AM 06-12-2015
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Why do you need to send a certified letter?

I have parents replace bounced checks with cash, plus the NSF fee. And after 2 bounced checks they're required to pay in cash or money orders.
This is what I do. Sending a letter would be a waste of time. Meet parent at the door and tell them further care cannot be provided till you are paid in cash for tuition plus any NSF fees.
MyAngels 06:25 AM 06-12-2015
Around here you can turn the checks over to the State's Attorney for criminal prosecution, especially since you have two checks. Usually one letter from the SA threatening criminal prosecution is enough to get them paid ASAP
MarinaVanessa 04:40 PM 06-12-2015
Sounds like you need policy that says that care is suspended until all child care payments are current and that days missed due to delinquent payment is still owed.

I don't have a sample letter you can send but I would send a letter that states what day you received the checks, the date that they bounced, the amount, any fees you incurred and a plan for repayment. Give them a certain date to repay you by (possibly offer to waive any late payment fees if you have a policy that says you will charge late payment fees) and as that any further contact regarding this matter be done in writing via certified letter or email only then give your contact information (address and email address).

If you haven't already done so I would stop care immediately until you get paid.
Tags:bounced check, bounced check letter
Reply Up