Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Can You Deduct Clothing?
Max 01:26 AM 06-01-2017
Ok this may be a silly question but I'm going to ask anyways

I'm buying a few new t-shirts that are educational in nature for DC wear. Can clothing be deducted at all? T/S%?
daycarediva 03:55 AM 06-01-2017
I wear my daycare name tshirts only. Accountant said they are deductible 100%. Same with kids shirts I buy every school year with daycare name.
daycare 07:28 AM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I wear my daycare name tshirts only. Accountant said they are deductible 100%. Same with kids shirts I buy every school year with daycare name.
where do you get your shirts made? Sorry to change the subject.
TomCopeland 08:50 AM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by Max:
Ok this may be a silly question but I'm going to ask anyways

I'm buying a few new t-shirts that are educational in nature for DC wear. Can clothing be deducted at all? T/S%?
Clothing that you wear with your business name on it, or a logo or words about family child care would be deductible as advertising. It's not clear if a t-shirt that said, "Children are our future" or something like that would be considered advertising. Probably. T-shirts for daycare children would always be deductible even if it says nothing on it.

Clothing you wear that doesn't have some message on it that could be called advertising is not deductible, even if you only wear it during business hours.
daycarediva 09:27 AM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by daycare:
where do you get your shirts made? Sorry to change the subject.
Zillow. I wait until they're having a sale on shirts and then order. I've been very happy with them (I like the women's fit and baseball style shirts) and the kids shirts I can usually grab for around $6/shirt. They also allow you to upload your own logo without charging for it, local printers wanted to charge me $250!
daycare 12:01 PM 06-01-2017
Zillow. I wait until they're having a sale on shirts and then order. I've been very happy with them (I like the women's fit and baseball style shirts) and the kids shirts I can usually grab for around $6/shirt. They also allow you to upload your own logo without charging for it, local printers wanted to charge me $250!
I have ordered through vista print and the shirts for adults are very expensive for my pocket at around $30 each. I use their clip art.
sahm1225 01:29 PM 06-01-2017
Zillow is for real estate prices. Did you mean another website? Or am I missing it?
daycarediva 07:52 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Zillow is for real estate prices. Did you mean another website? Or am I missing it?

ZAZZLE.

either auto correct or a brain malfunction.
CityGarden 09:49 AM 06-02-2017
Oh how I wish we could write it off!!!!!

This business is really tough on my clothing so I wish I could write it off. I dress on the casual end of business casual (no jeans, no tennis shoes, no flip flops but still casual) and I am finding clothes I wear for work cannot really be wore elsewhere...... I need my own work clothes just dedicated to work.
Blackcat31 11:20 AM 06-02-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Oh how I wish we could write it off!!!!!

This business is really tough on my clothing so I wish I could write it off. I dress on the casual end of business casual (no jeans, no tennis shoes, no flip flops but still casual) and I am finding clothes I wear for work cannot really be wore elsewhere...... I need my own work clothes just dedicated to work.
What in the world are you doing that your clothing is wearing out?

I wear casual clothing for work as well (khaki type pants/capris and cute tees and tops) but haven't yet felt the need to designate work clothes from regular clothes.

So I am just curious...
Tags:deduction - cloths
Reply Up