Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Just Got My First Call
Oneluckymom 04:55 PM 09-26-2011
WooHoo!! So excited. I got a call this evening from a woman who is expecting her second baby. She wants to reserve a spot now, but needs care later in october. I know I have read about holding spots before. But any recommendations on charging for holding a spot.
VTMom 05:08 PM 09-26-2011
I only ask for 2 weeks deposit that is applied to the first two weeks of care.

As I was reading your post, a question came to mind. Are you going to be caring for both children or just the baby? My thought is if it's both, you may want to suggested starting the older brother/sister before the baby comes just so you won't have to transition both at the same time. It may be easier for all involved.

Just my two cents!

Congratulations!!!
Oneluckymom 05:11 PM 09-26-2011
Thank you VTMom. Yes, I didn't get to clarify that and it sounded like she was worried about reserving the spot for the infant. My own two kids came running through the room like little monkeys so that rushed the call. But when she calls back I will clarify that. So you just require the last two weeks to hold it, ok.
VTMom 05:21 PM 09-26-2011
I think there are many others that require more, but I don't. There is a great need for infant care in my area, so I figure if something falls through, it's pretty easy filling the spot if I need to. Good luck!
MommieNana4 05:23 PM 09-26-2011
Congrats!!! I would not apply the money for holding the spot to the first two weeks of care. That would defeat the purpose of holding the spot. If she is going to have you provide care she can start paying your regular fee amount when the baby starts.
Tags:deposit, first interview, positive
Reply Up