Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Care.com
jojosmommy 07:28 AM 07-08-2012
Anyone use this service? I paid $75 for a three month membership, posted an ad for a sub/helper, got a few responses from some seriously underqualified people (and lots of people who never email back), then just got an email that I was kicked off for "trying to recruit people". I thought that was what the service was for. I tried emailing the lady back but it was a no reply email.

Anyone use the service successfully? Is it only for nannies? I feel like I wasted my time and money.
Hunni Bee 10:40 AM 07-08-2012
Idk...

I was on it yesterday, doing some research for my daycare in the works...

What I saw, was either: families looking for daycare/nannies or daycares/nannies looking for families.

I didn't see anyone doing "help wanted"...maybe that's against their rules? It sucks that they just kicked you off with no real explanation...
cheerfuldom 10:47 AM 07-08-2012
I dont find the service helpful in advertising your own daycare. I dont believe you are allowed to look for employees for a daycare either. I think it is mostly for parents to post ads looking for nannies/babysitter or for nannies/babysitters to find families. Its not really for daycare.
Care Team 08:45 AM 07-09-2012
Hi there, I am a member care representative from Care.com. As per our Terms of Use, we do not allow any type of recruiting employees on the site. Care.com is mainly for families and individuals that are searching for nannies and babysitters, but also for families that are looking for daycare's that are in their area. As a daycare you can advertise your business, and receive referrals of families that are interested in learning more about your business. I hope that this helps!
Crazy8 10:12 AM 07-09-2012
I tried to join once but they basically told me my profile wasn't approved because I was a home daycare not a babysitter. I see a ton of other home daycare providers on there so I don't know what the heck was wrong with my profile.
jojosmommy 11:17 AM 07-09-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I tried to join once but they basically told me my profile wasn't approved because I was a home daycare not a babysitter. I see a ton of other home daycare providers on there so I don't know what the heck was wrong with my profile.
I agree 100%. I see people on there (and have for a long time) advertising their daycare. I think the whole site is a joke anyway. Its difficult to navigate and I think since they "guarentee a reply within 72 hours" they send off some b/s reply since none of the people that orignially emailed me ever replied to my second email back. All I have to say is I better get every cent of my money back- and if not I will dispute it with my CC and they can hash it out
jojosmommy 11:18 AM 07-09-2012
In the future I will post a job for a mothers helper, then give the person the real scoop once I meet them.
Kiki 11:42 AM 07-09-2012
Yea-if you are advertising as a day care, you have to register as one, not a babysitter or they will remove your profile. I got around this by not advertising that I was a day care. Get parent reviews up there, connections, whatever, and people will contact you. Let them know once they contact you that you are a day care, same with when you apply for jobs. You can't do any advertising for your day care on your actual profile, but you can when you apply for jobs or reply to parents that have contacted you.

E: I should add that the people who are advertising as a day care, probably registered in that form; or aren't doing any advertising of their day care name in their profile.
Truly Scrumptious 11:56 AM 07-09-2012
If it's against the rules, that's fine, I understand why you were dismissed from the sight. But did they keep your money? If they did, that's not fair.
Crazy8 12:15 PM 07-09-2012
Originally Posted by Kiki:
Yea-if you are advertising as a day care, you have to register as one, not a babysitter or they will remove your profile. I got around this by not advertising that I was a day care. Get parent reviews up there, connections, whatever, and people will contact you. Let them know once they contact you that you are a day care, same with when you apply for jobs. You can't do any advertising for your day care on your actual profile, but you can when you apply for jobs or reply to parents that have contacted you.

E: I should add that the people who are advertising as a day care, probably registered in that form; or aren't doing any advertising of their day care name in their profile.
I think the others are getting around it, not coming right out saying they are a home daycare - I'd be happy to register AS a daycare (if its free?), but I can't even figure out how to do that now that I'm already registered (but my profile is not in searches).
Kiki 12:51 PM 07-09-2012
I think the others are getting around it, not coming right out saying they are a home daycare - I'd be happy to register AS a daycare (if its free?), but I can't even figure out how to do that now that I'm already registered (but my profile is not in searches).
You can, just pick either child care provider, or day care center. I have both profiles, one for a babysitter, and one for a child care provider. It's free, but you are only able to contact through messages on Care.Com, and not able to see their contact information. You can only do that if you pay.
Blackcat31 01:47 PM 07-09-2012
Anyone tried daycarematch.com? Just curious if that isn't a better option for actual daycares.

http://www.daycarematch.com/default.asp
spud912 01:51 PM 07-09-2012
One time, the site automatically emailed someone within an hour stating I had no openings at the time. It was embarrassing because I had to email them again and tell them that the site responded and not me and I did in fact have openings. I sent an email to care.com to see what was going on and they never responded. Ever since then, I never get any messages from people so I think they somehow jeopardized my ability to get messages. I'm glad I'm not paying because I would demand a refund!
daycare 02:47 PM 07-09-2012
I tried this before and it was a huge waste. Now I only do free ones
Kiki 02:49 PM 07-09-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Anyone tried daycarematch.com? Just curious if that isn't a better option for actual daycares.

http://www.daycarematch.com/default.asp
I was just poking around on the site, there a few in home centers posted for my area, but they look outdated, I might give it a shot anyway just to have my name out there in a few places. You never know where somebody could be looking for a provider!
daycare 03:07 PM 07-09-2012
Originally Posted by Kiki:
I was just poking around on the site, there a few in home centers posted for my area, but they look outdated, I might give it a shot anyway just to have my name out there in a few places. You never know where somebody could be looking for a provider!
This was the site I was referring to, but you can have the option to post free and only pay if someone contacts you. I had one contact in 6 years.
Kiki 03:21 PM 07-09-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
This was the site I was referring to, but you can have the option to post free and only pay if someone contacts you. I had one contact in 6 years.
You pay if someone contacts you? What a stinkin joke; stuff like that is such a rip off for both providers and parents!
Tags:advertising, care.com
Reply Up