Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Any Good Ideas for This?
cheerfuldom 10:36 AM 04-02-2011
I am having our first party for parents and kids type thing at daycare. We didn't have the room for this previously (at our old house) but now we do. Planning an egg hunt for the Friday before Easter. Its at 4. The regular pickup time is 5:30 so if parents come, they can leave with kids whenever and if they don't come, kids stay there till normal time. My assistant will be here to help take pictures, run the egg hunt and we'll have a few finger foods. Any ideas for appropriate treats in the eggs? Kids are all under 4. Any other cute things for take-homes or other ideas to make this really fun and special? I think all the parents are coming, yikes! I am going to ask around and see if anyone has a bunny to bring and we can take pictures and have a fun visitor, we'll see if that happens.
SilverSabre25 02:01 PM 04-02-2011
If you want to stay away from candy, I've come up with putting animal crackers or goldfish crackers in the eggs. Even the goldfish grahams would be good.

A single foil-wrapped chocolate egg, or just a couple of jellybeans per egg.

You could do "tickets" that they could then turn in at the end for a bigger prize/toy.

I've also seen sidewalk chalk eggs at Target in the $1 section; those would fit in some of the larger easter eggs.
cheerfuldom 02:56 PM 04-02-2011
Thank you! Those are all really good ideas. I like the ticket idea. Maybe I can have some plush animals from the Dollar store to trade if you find a ticket. Yes, I am staying away from candy. Maybe a small goodie bag to take home but no candy at daycare is my general rule.
SilverSabre25 03:18 PM 04-02-2011
You could do Annie's cheddar bunnies instead of goldfish; that way they're seasonal. The bunnies come in bunny grahams too. You'll find them in the Natural Foods section, usually. Or, I saw them at Target. I also saw some easter goldfish at Target tonight.

I have been trying to come up with non-candy ideas for DD's eggs this year because she's just not big on most candy.

For older kids, you can do coins or bulk legos (if you have a Lego store nearby that is).

Stickers is another option for the eggs.

ooo! If your kids can do puzzles, you could get them each a small puzzle and hide the pieces in the eggs!
mickey2 03:59 PM 04-02-2011
Hi! I have been looking for fun things to do with my little ones and I found this site a few days ago.

I have not had a chance yet to really check it out but it looks great!!!

http://www.amazingmoms.com/htm/holiday_eastfamily.htm
Tags:easter - activities, easter - egg fillers?, easter - egg hunt, party - ideas
Reply Up