Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Received a Call From Someone...
Naptime yet? 05:38 AM 09-20-2014
in the local Parents as Teachers program, wanting to come to my daycare to observe, etc. I know about the program because of Tdhmom's thread, but my question is....

Should I be insulted? I only have 2 FT kids, plus my own, but for some reason I feel like I was referred (as I was told) because I'm not doing a good job.

I do like the program, but I don't think I want someone coming to video me so I can see how I interact with the kids. I don't even like having my picture taken!

Am I overreacting? Or are there other aspects of the program I don't know about? I don't have any low income or children with disabilities in my program, so I'm not sure why I was referred...

Thanks.
SquirrellyMama 06:49 AM 09-20-2014
I'd probably feel the same way you do. They probably get a list of daycares and tell them that they were referred.

Kelly
DaveA 07:03 AM 09-20-2014
I wouldn't be insulted- their "referral" is probably the local R&R's list. I wouldn't do it either. I would just tell them I don't allow outside observation or videotaping in my program.
Sugar Magnolia 07:10 AM 09-20-2014
They will be video taping? In your home?

Your participation is optional?

if so, I'd decline. The privacy issue alone.....
Naptime yet? 07:17 AM 09-20-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
They will be video taping? In your home?

Your participation is optional?

if so, I'd decline. The privacy issue alone.....
I know she said photograph, but I'm pretty sure she said video, also, with parent's permission, of course. She "sold" it to me as I'd be earning training hours....

The program sounds great, but I get very nervous when I'm being observed, especially in the "safety" of my home (not that I'm hiding anything, but it is my home).

Thank you for your responses!
e.j. 11:07 AM 09-20-2014
Originally Posted by Naptime yet?:
I know she said photograph, but I'm pretty sure she said video, also, with parent's permission, of course. She "sold" it to me as I'd be earning training hours....

The program sounds great, but I get very nervous when I'm being observed, especially in the "safety" of my home (not that I'm hiding anything, but it is my home).

Thank you for your responses!
I'd feel the same way. My licensor recently came out for a visit and told me she wouldn't hesitate to enroll her own kids in my care. While it made me feel as though I'm doing a good job, I still wouldn't feel comfortable having someone come in to videotape, take pictures, observe....yuck! I never have liked people looking over my shoulder never mind documenting it!
cheerfuldom 07:13 PM 09-20-2014
No. If there is no clear benefit to you, I would pass.
coolconfidentme 05:29 AM 09-21-2014
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
No. If there is no clear benefit to you, I would pass.
This! I would tell her, "Thanks for the offer, but we are going to pass. I appreciate you considering us though!"
daycarediva 05:40 AM 09-21-2014
I would pass as well. You could always use the excuse "After discussing it with the families enrolled, they don't feel comfortable with it. Thank you for the offer"

Second Home 06:33 AM 09-21-2014
I would not feel comfortable either .
Dilley Beans 03:01 PM 09-23-2014
"The paperwork for release for every child is too much." That would be my response.
Reply Up