Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Car Seat Question
BentleysBands 05:07 AM 10-29-2010
i have a dcm drop off in a/m and leaves the 2 carseats for dcd who picks up in p/m ....mom expects me to bring them inside when it rains but i have NO room. so she says can she leave in my van...again, NO!

any suggestions on what to do? its becoming a real hassle
SilverSabre25 05:13 AM 10-29-2010
Aside from telling her that maybe she'd be better off to get two carseats to stay in DCD's car all the time, I can't think of much. Actually, it would be much safer if she would get two carseats to stay in his car. It's not safe to always be taking the seats in and out--there's that much more chance that it might get installed improperly and end up causing a lot of harm in an accident. Plus, you can almost guarantee that they aren't taking the time to make sure it's as safe an install as possible each and every time they install the seats...that takes time and energy. *maybe* if they're installing it with LATCH or if they're just highback boosters...but still...
momma2girls 05:26 AM 10-29-2010
Originally Posted by BentleysBands:
i have a dcm drop off in a/m and leaves the 2 carseats for dcd who picks up in p/m ....mom expects me to bring them inside when it rains but i have NO room. so she says can she leave in my van...again, NO!

any suggestions on what to do? its becoming a real hassle
I have the same thing here!! I even have a 3 yr. olds seat, because they don't have another one, for other parent to pick up!! I also have 2 infant seats in my house as well!!! Does someone have a rule on this?
Blackcat31 05:40 AM 10-29-2010
I used to have this issue too. I also suggested both parents get their own seats, especially if they both regularly pick up and drop off. If that is not possible, I've told parents that I do not have the room inside for storing car seats so they are welcome to leave them outside under a sheet or plastic tarp that they supply. Or they can drop off seats at the other parents work place. I wasn't trying to be unaccommodating, but in a way I was so that they sort of had to get a second set. In our town we have alot of places that will donate new carseats or sell them at super discounted prices.
ddnanny13 06:09 AM 10-29-2010
Do you have room in a garage? If not than my suggestion would be the tarp idea in one previous post. Also maybe find out if there are any local places that they can get donated or discounted seats and kindly give them that info. Maybe also give them some info on car seat installation so they see how unsafe it is to be removing and reinstalling them all the time.
BentleysBands 06:12 AM 10-29-2010
awesome idea w/the tarp!!! i am suggesting that today thanks so much
SandeeAR 07:29 AM 10-29-2010
For anyone that has Farm Bureau insurance,(or has a friend that will order for them) they have a car seat program.

Rear Facing 5-35#; forward facing 22-40# 5 point harness system seat $25.00

Forward Facing only 40-80# seat $15.00

Factory selects the color.

Limit of 3 of each seat jper membership.

Might make it easier for some families to have a set in each car.
Tags:car safety, car seats, transportation
Reply Up