Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Monday! :/
CedarCreek 05:31 AM 03-25-2013
Well, that didn't take long.

1. 2 dcgs come in with the tiniest strappy dresses this morning. Its 30 degrees out. :/

I'm hoping they have some warmer back up clothes in their bags.

2. Another dcm TELLS me that she won't have this Weeks tuition until Thursday. I'm sorry, what? She says they are doing horribly and have no money in their account. You're preaching to the choir here, lady. You basically pay me in high fives. I'm way cheaper than centers.

This irritated me because she and dh chose to move here and buy a house in the nicer neighborhood in our little town. They chose to have two suvs. They chose to put all of their boys in every sport. Its not my issue that she can't manage her finances better.

Yeah, Happy Monday.
NeedaVaca 05:36 AM 03-25-2013
I'm thinking I MIGHT have a really Happy Monday...snow day! 3 DCK's not coming, 2 waiting to find out...they said late for sure but I won't know for another hour. I HOPE everyone stays home then I get one more day with just my DD & DS
snbauser 05:40 AM 03-25-2013
Happy Monday!! 4 day work week wooohooooo!!!!
CedarCreek 05:46 AM 03-25-2013
That is true! I didn't schedule myself off but I don't think anyone is coming Friday. There's something to look forward to!
Evansmom 06:09 AM 03-25-2013
Happy Monday everyone!

I'm not so happy right now either. I'm getting no responses to my advertising and I have 2 FT and one PT spot open!! After this week when DCG moves I'll only have 1 FT and 1 PT enrolled and that does not make the bills, and we were already stretched before. . I don't understand, I have a very nice program.

Feeling the stress this morning ladies.
LK5kids 06:16 AM 03-25-2013
4 day week here too!
Sorry about the strappy dresses and in regard to the low/ no $$$$.... I tell ya the lifestyle young families today feel they must maintain boggles the mind.

Years ago during my first round of FCC I had single moms a few times and a single dad too. They always paid each week and there was 0 state pay. One worked very hard at a low paying factory job, one was a waitress at a little small town restaurant. Can't remember what the single dad did but it was not a high pay job. They always had their child care bill up to date.

At that time I didn't even have a parent handbook or written policies. It was basically pay each Frriday, 5 free days and you pay after that.

It's too bad manicures, big new. vehicles, fancy vacations trump paying ch. care bill. Thing is they don't connect the two...I'm sure!!!
cheerfuldom 06:22 AM 03-25-2013
you are letting a child stay when their parents have not paid yet??? i would never do that.
CedarCreek 06:25 AM 03-25-2013
Originally Posted by Evansmom:
Happy Monday everyone!

I'm not so happy right now either. I'm getting no responses to my advertising and I have 2 FT and one PT spot open!! After this week when DCG moves I'll only have 1 FT and 1 PT enrolled and that does not make the bills, and we were already stretched before. . I don't understand, I have a very nice program.

Feeling the stress this morning ladies.
I'm sorry you're having a hard time getting them in the door.

Where all are you advertising? I had ads on craigslist, kijiji, Ebay, one in the paper and I made my Mom post flyers at the school she works at. I also delivered some to the front desk of the high school I live across from. I got two clients and 3 kiddos that way.

Btw,I am also Evans Mom
Evansmom 06:36 AM 03-25-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
I'm sorry you're having a hard time getting them in the door.

Where all are you advertising? I had ads on craigslist, kijiji, Ebay, one in the paper and I made my Mom post flyers at the school she works at. I also delivered some to the front desk of the high school I live across from. I got two clients and 3 kiddos that way.

Btw,I am also Evans Mom
Yeah, I'm not advertising enough. I'm only using CL, this site and care.com. I'll look into the others you suggested. I've always been able to rely on the fact that I am the only (and I mean ONLY) home daycare in my area of Austin to get clients. Plus I only have 3 spots total so it's never been hard to fill spots and have a short waiting list but it's just dried up

Evan is a very good name! . It's my grandmother's maiden name (well, Evans) so it's also a family homage.
littlemissmuffet 06:42 AM 03-25-2013
Originally Posted by CedarCreek:
Well, that didn't take long.

1. 2 dcgs come in with the tiniest strappy dresses this morning. Its 30 degrees out. :/

I'm hoping they have some warmer back up clothes in their bags.

2. Another dcm TELLS me that she won't have this Weeks tuition until Thursday. I'm sorry, what? She says they are doing horribly and have no money in their account. You're preaching to the choir here, lady. You basically pay me in high fives. I'm way cheaper than centers.

This irritated me because she and dh chose to move here and buy a house in the nicer neighborhood in our little town. They chose to have two suvs. They chose to put all of their boys in every sport. Its not my issue that she can't manage her finances better.

Yeah, Happy Monday.

1. Sorry Jane, but that dress is absolutely innapropriate in this weather. Does little Susie have warmer clothes in her bag?

a) Yes? Great, please change her before heading out.
b) No? Ok, well unfortunately you and Susie are going to have to go back home and get something more appropriate. It's too cold for a dress - I'm not cancelling any outdoor activities because of it. Thanks!

2. Sorry Janet, fees are due today. Until your account is paid in full childcare services are suspended. Also please note there will be a $25/day late fee added to your invoice for each day you choose to pay late. On the third day childcare services will be permanently terminated and I will take legal action to collect any/all fees owed. Thanks!
Blackcat31 07:18 AM 03-25-2013
Originally Posted by littlemissmuffet:
1. Sorry Jane, but that dress is absolutely innapropriate in this weather. Does little Susie have warmer clothes in her bag?

a) Yes? Great, please change her before heading out.
b) No? Ok, well unfortunately you and Susie are going to have to go back home and get something more appropriate. It's too cold for a dress - I'm not cancelling any outdoor activities because of it. Thanks!

2. Sorry Janet, fees are due today. Until your account is paid in full childcare services are suspended. Also please note there will be a $25/day late fee added to your invoice for each day you choose to pay late. On the third day childcare services will be permanently terminated and I will take legal action to collect any/all fees owed. Thanks!

Rarely are money issues due to lack of income.

They are almost always due to poor prioritizing.
MarinaVanessa 08:55 AM 03-25-2013
My response:

"Oh, I see. Well alright, if that's what you have to do. We will miss little Johnny but look forward to seeing him on Thursday morning when you bring the payment. Let's see ... (mumbling to myself but loud enough to be heard) $160 rate plus 3 day late fee of $10 per day ... $30 ... comes to $190. (look at DCM) Ok, I'll update your invoice. See you on Thursday little Johnny"
CedarCreek 08:59 AM 03-25-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
My response:

"Oh, I see. Well alright, if that's what you have to do. We will miss little Johnny but look forward to seeing him on Thursday morning when you bring the payment. Let's see ... (mumbling to myself but loud enough to be heard) $160 rate plus 3 day late fee of $10 per day ... $30 ... comes to $190. (look at DCM) Ok, I'll update your invoice. See you on Thursday little Johnny"

Seriously, this is much better than what I said.

I told her I was sorry to hear that but tuition is due on Mondays. If she needed to pay on Thursday, there will be a late fee for everyday.

I still took the kid.
SilverSabre25 09:15 AM 03-25-2013
15 minutes until naptime, 15 minutes until naptime, 15 minutes until naptime....
Reply Up