Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Update on joining Small Business Association
Thriftylady 05:06 PM 06-27-2015
Most of you probably remember a month or so ago I posted about paying for my fun night booth and the vice. president of the business association and she told me I couldn't join because it was "for businesses in town, not daycares and such". Well tonight at the event I talked to the president, because I wanted to know more. I asked her what the rules were for joining. She said "There really aren't any you just have to own a business in the village". So I told her the conversation I had with the other gal and according to the IRS I was a business, was I considered one for this. She told me yes and that the meetings are the second Monday of every month I was welcome to come. Then I asked her what the dues were and she said "there are none, we operate on donations". So I think I am going to check it out now.
Josiegirl 02:35 AM 06-28-2015
Good for you! Get involved and get yourself out there!
How did the fun night go?
Nurse Jackie 07:57 AM 06-28-2015

Thriftylady 08:31 AM 06-28-2015
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Good for you! Get involved and get yourself out there!
How did the fun night go?
I posted an update on my other thread. I passed out maybe 30 business cards. Basically I gave one to every parent whose child played a game. I would say 5 or six of those parents showed real interest and may call. We will see what happens.
Reply Up