Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Another "Need Help With Term Letter" Post :-) Please
Holiday Park 12:56 PM 03-25-2013
Here is whatI have so far . She stopped bringing him all last week, which was sort of fine because it was already paid for. But se didnt communicate at all until I texted her asking if they were ok. She replied back saying her mom had him and he "might" come Friday. In my parent handbook and contract there is no "might" . She is supposed to let me know when he is not coming. On top of that she didnt contact me or swing by to make payment. She really should be paying for all the way through April 5th,(whether or not he comes) since she wanted me to keep him until then. But since I was already wanting to term them anyway, I'm willing to waive what she owes (now its 90. For this week plus 120. In late non payment fees ) and just be done with them.

" ******,
I have enjoyed caring for **** and am glad o have had the pleasure to watch him grow& learn . I was happy to continue caring for him until April 5TH at your request , but my requirement for a minimum of two week notice still stands. That rule was broken when you stopped bringing him, stopped communicating and made no plans for payment for the upcoming weeks (as required in our contract and parent handbook) .
I have to terminate care effective immediately, due to your non communication and unpaid childcare fees as well as late payment fees. This is strictly a business decision ad not personal .
You have until Friday March 29,2013 to pick up his belongings. Please text or email me when you will be picking his things up (By Friday@5:30pm) and I will hang the bag on my front door, shortly before your expected arrival.
If you do not pick his things up by Friday, I reserve the right to donate or dispose of them as needed. "
Blackcat31 01:25 PM 03-25-2013
Originally Posted by Holiday Park:
Here is whatI have so far . She stopped bringing him all last week, which was sort of fine because it was already paid for. But se didnt communicate at all until I texted her asking if they were ok. She replied back saying her mom had him and he "might" come Friday. In my parent handbook and contract there is no "might" . She is supposed to let me know when he is not coming. On top of that she didnt contact me or swing by to make payment. She really should be paying for all the way through April 5th,(whether or not he comes) since she wanted me to keep him until then. But since I was already wanting to term them anyway, I'm willing to waive what she owes (now its 90. For this week plus 120. In late non payment fees ) and just be done with them.

" ******,
I have enjoyed caring for **** and am glad o have had the pleasure to watch him grow& learn . I was happy to continue caring for him until April 5TH at your request , but my requirement for a minimum of two week notice still stands. That rule was broken when you stopped bringing him, stopped communicating and made no plans for payment for the upcoming weeks (as required in our contract and parent handbook) .
I have to terminate care effective immediately, due to your non communication and unpaid childcare fees as well as late payment fees. This is strictly a business decision ad not personal .
You have until Friday March 29,2013 to pick up his belongings. Please text or email me when you will be picking his things up (By Friday@5:30pm) and I will hang the bag on my front door, shortly before your expected arrival.
If you do not pick his things up by Friday, I reserve the right to donate or dispose of them as needed. "
Dear DCP

Due to communication issues, unpaid child care fees and several late fees that are currently outstanding, I am terminating our child care agreement effective immediately.

Please understand this was a business decision and not personal in any way.

Please make arrangements to pick up "DCK'S" belongings NO LATER than Friday March 29, 2013.

Thank you,

Child Care Provider

This is just my personal opinion, but I think that asking the parent to e-mail you prior to coming so you can hang the stuff on your door is kind of rude. I think it says you DO have a personal problem with the mother and don't really want to see her face to face. I don't know....I can't say for sure as I am not in your shoes, I am just saying that is how I interpret it.

I TOTALLY understand if you feel it would be uncomfortable to see her, but I think saying "I'll hang his stuff on the door" seems kind of unprofessional.

If you really truly don't want to see her face to face, I would consider packaging up his belongings and mailing them to her.

HTH
Holiday Park 05:42 PM 03-25-2013
Thank you for your perspective on it. I didnt think of it that way at all as that something I have always done with my family , so if anything felt it was more of s friendly gesture and courtesy. I will leave that out and I like your wording better! So much simpler and to the point. Thank you.
Blackcat31 07:24 AM 03-26-2013
Originally Posted by Holiday Park:
Thank you for your perspective on it. I didnt think of it that way at all as that something I have always done with my family , so if anything felt it was more of s friendly gesture and courtesy. I will leave that out and I like your wording better! So much simpler and to the point. Thank you.
Sorry, if I came across as harsh....I didn't realize that is normal procedure..... I just read what you wrote and reacted as if I were a parent reading it and if I were the parent, I would have felt a bit like you didn't want to see me....But I also get why it is easier to just hang their stuff outside for easy simple pick up and not have to have a long drawn out face to face meeting....on good or bad terms.

Glad I could help with the wording. I try to keep things simple and to the point when writing. Parents only seem to want the message and NEVER the things leading up to it or the details afterwards....kwim?

Anyways, happy to help and I hope the whole situation works out well for you. The family sounds like they have a tough schedule to manage.
Unregistered 02:51 PM 03-27-2013
Her schedule is not tough to manage. She just would be a better fit with a place that allows random drol off and pick up and some one ok with chronic late payments. She has been told from day 1 about the imporyance of my group (e en though last week I was down to just 1) being on svhedule and she cant handle my latest drop off time limit of 8am or notice,rof being late by an hour before.

so anyway, she never replied back,showed up,called or anything. And has yet to get his 2 outfits,jackets,socks,and diapers. She has until Fri to pick tbem up .uugh on a different phone so I didnt realize Iwasnt logged in.
Unregistered 04:48 PM 03-27-2013
Her schedule is not tough to manage. She just would be a better fit with a place that allows random drol off and pick up and some one ok with chronic late payments. She has been told from day 1 about the imporyance of my group (e en though last week I was down to just 1) being on svhedule and she cant handle my latest drop off time limit of 8am or notice,rof being late by an hour before.

so anyway, she never replied back,showed up,called or anything. And has yet to get his 2 outfits,jackets,socks,and diapers. She has until Fri to pick tbem up .uugh on a different phone so I didnt realize Iwasnt logged in.
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up