Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Will You Violate Regs So My Baby Will Sleep?
momtomany74 07:42 AM 10-16-2014
Dcm just asked if I would let her 5 month old dcb take a large burp cloth to nap with so he can rub it on his face to fall asleep. Nope sorry lady. Then suggest that the pack n play mattress is too hard, I told her she could get a pad then and bring it.

Not going to put anything in his pack n play to rub on his face! This kid sleeps for 25-30 twice a day!
Cat Herder 08:10 AM 10-16-2014
I'd offer to place the burp pad securely under the snug sheet, over the mattress, for the scent.

This would be inline with SIDS recommendations and meet the "perceived" need for infants to smell mom.

Loose fabric is simply unwise. Mom should know that.

You could also suggest those infant sleepers with the flip over gloves as a compromise. The same feeling of cloth rubbed over face, only secured to prevent rebreating.
CraftyMom 08:29 AM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by momtomany74:
Dcm just asked if I would let her 5 month old dcb take a large burp cloth to nap with so he can rub it on his face to fall asleep. Nope sorry lady. Then suggest that the pack n play mattress is too hard, I told her she could get a pad then and bring it.

Not going to put anything in his pack n play to rub on his face! This kid sleeps for 25-30 twice a day!
She may not know she is asking you to break a regulation if she doesn't know it is actually a regulation kwim? She may be thinking "well it isn't a full blanket"
christine19720 12:00 PM 10-16-2014
I once had a mom request that her baby nap outside. Apparently, that is how they nap infants in Europe. Just told her licensing would never go for that
Cat Herder 12:09 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by christine19720:
I once had a mom request that her baby nap outside. Apparently, that is how they nap infants in Europe. Just told her licensing would never go for that
I read an article recently on that, they actually have window napping "cages" for it. Sun, fresh air and sounds of nature stuff... Interesting science behind it, though.
Attached: napper.jpg (8.3 KB) dutch hutch.jpg (24.1 KB) 
christine19720 12:12 PM 10-16-2014
I totally get napping them outside, the fresh air and all. Just not practical in a group daycare situation
Cat Herder 12:14 PM 10-16-2014
Originally Posted by christine19720:
I totally get napping them outside, the fresh air and all. Just not practical in a group daycare situation
Oh, I know that.... It could be viewed as abuse or neglect, here...

Just referencing the cultural diversity of it. It fascinates me.
Unregistered 01:18 PM 10-16-2014
Long time ago, I used to take all of my dcks to the park for a swim in the wading pool and a picnic lunch. Then the SA kids would go to soccer and the little ones would sleep on blankets under a tree. It was great

Now, I will take a pnp outside if I have a sleeping baby in the summer. Better than having them in a stroller or swing. I have a beach cabana SPF50 to protect them from the sun.

In my state, we cannot put anything UNDER the sheet either though. We would be fined $1K.
Tags:interesting, napping issues, parents - don't cooperate
Reply Up