Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Case of the Mondays... Anyone else?
KDC 11:33 AM 11-17-2014
So... Sickness season has begun in my daycare and everyone has boogies. Some more than others, oh... and it's 'teething', not a cold - even though I must also be 'teething' because I've been sick for a week now.

Potty training DCB just dipped his pants in the potty and started to fling it before I caught him to say STOP!!! So, now I just spent 1/2 nap time/free time (aka time to do lunch dishes) disinfecting my entire bathroom. Since I just minted out my bathroom last night, this made me

I also had a conflict with a DCM this morning regarding food. My contract says until the child can eat off the lunch menu (pizza, pasta, sandwiches, soup, etc.) they must provide food. Her little one is 10 months and currently choking on cheerios, but now the Mom has started giving me a hard time about providing baby food. I'm all for getting her on solids, but unless it's through my menu - I just don't have time to steam and cube veggies/fruits that are specific to what she can eat right now. They also haven't tried many foods, as she just developed a major diaper rash from raspberries last week. I'm old school and think berries are on the no list until after a year (because of allergies). As I explained my policy, she looked at me like I grew a third arm. (It was in the parent handbook and the contract she signed!) These parents also have the very best of everything and look down at the other kids in my care. She has the honest diapers/wipes, 6-12 month North Face jacket, Baby Gap everything, Pottery Barn blankets. She's snubbed almost every Mom here by not even acknowledging them on the way in our out. I've had complaints. She also apparently can not park on the right or left side of the driveway. She has to park in the middle. In her very expensive vehicle.

It's also freezing outside... ok. my whiny session is over, and I feel better.

Going to take some Advil and read Big Fat Cow Kapow to my 5 yr. olds
midaycare 11:54 AM 11-17-2014
Everyone here has runny noses. One dcm told me dcg had a diaper rash (ummm...no), and could I change her more often? This offended me because I change kids every 2 hours, more if needed. Perhaps dcm could buy something other than the cheapest diapers if she believes diaper rash is a problem?

Another dcm didn't bring dcg today and she is probably on her way out of here. Dcm is on DHS and when dcg isn't here, the daycare is too much money for dcm. Just when I had a full set of kids I loved! Sigh ...
taylorw1210 12:06 PM 11-17-2014
I just have 0 motivation today. My weekend was not long enough and I could have used a few more days to relax! I am very much looking forward to my 4 day weekend during Thanksgiving.

I am also sick and tired of the cold/flu season already. Seems like several things have passed through my dck's already this year.

Yesterday morning one of my dcm's posted on FB that her daughter was throwing up. I texted her to tell her that I hope dcg got better quickly and reminded her of the 24 hour exclusion for vomiting. She responds with, "Well, she hasn't thrown up since 6am so she will be ready for her drop off at 7am tomorrow." Alright, dcm. So dcg is here today and did not eat AM snack and barely picked at lunch, and has told me, "Miss Tawer, I don't feeeeel good." But she doesn't meet any of my exclusion criteria.
Tags:rude dcp's, sickness, vent
Reply Up