Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kids in Underwear That Aren’t Potty Trained
much_lovee 06:45 AM 12-14-2018
When do you transition kids from pull-ups to regular underwear at the daycare? I have a child that’s 2, and was doing great at potty training, at least for number one. The last 2 months he hasn’t wanted to go at all, and very rarely can I get him to go. His mom just sent him in regular underwear with changes of clothes. I told her I don’t usually let the kids go in regular underwear until they’re completely potty trained, and lately he hasn’t even wanted to go pee on the potty, and has never gone poop for me.

is this a normal thing that daycares allow? I’m fairly new to running my own, but I can’t imagine how much time I’d spend cleaning if everyone did this.
storybookending 06:56 AM 12-14-2018
Two weeks dry AT DAYCARE is a pretty common practice on this forum. I don’t care what they do at home, it’s a sanitary issue. Yuck.
Ariana 07:38 AM 12-14-2018
I require pull-ups and I determine when the child is ready for undies at my house. If the child is dry for two week then I decide on undies...any accidents and we go back to pull-ups.
Snowmom 08:01 AM 12-14-2018
When can children wear underwear here?

I decide, not the families.

I will tell them (families).

The child must show ALL the signs of readiness to even START potty training here (not @ home... HERE).
Daycare is much different than home and their readiness may show differently in each environment.

After starting PT, the child must go two weeks without an accident (including nap) and be independent in the bathroom before underwear is allowed here.
much_lovee 05:07 PM 12-14-2018
Thanks everyone for your replies! You guys made me feel much better. I told her this morning I don’t generally allow children in underwear until they’re ready, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t way out of the norm for this! I know at the center I worked at that it would have never been okay!
Meeko 07:54 PM 12-14-2018
What and how they do things at home has NOTHING to do with daycare.

Here, they must be dry and clean for two complete weeks with NO prompting from us to be considered trained.

If they aren't telling me they need to go...they aren't trained.
coloradoprovider 08:34 AM 12-15-2018
Exactly!
coloradoprovider 08:37 AM 12-15-2018
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
When can children wear underwear here?

I decide, not the families.

I will tell them (families).

The child must show ALL the signs of readiness to even START potty training here (not @ home... HERE).
Daycare is much different than home and their readiness may show differently in each environment.

After starting PT, the child must go two weeks without an accident (including nap) and be independent in the bathroom before underwear is allowed here.
Exactly!
Tags:daycare, potty trained - not, potty training, potty training info sheet, potty training policy
Reply Up