Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It Has Been a ROUGH Day
sahm2three 12:30 PM 02-07-2012
We have a 1 year old who refuses to sleep, the other kids just act a bit possessed. I can't stand full moons. Wonder if there is anything we can do to counteract it. Besides Xanax to help US get thru it! LOL!
Christian Mother 12:40 PM 02-07-2012
Me 2...is it a full moon? Explains a lot!!

I have a dcg 9 mos and has only taken 2 naps = 1 1/2 She normally will sleep 3 hrs combined. She is having a blast playing with a tub of toys lol!! And, all of my daycare kids but my own family had hand and foot disease...that thing sure does spread quickly!! I pray that the kids build a immunity from it and don't ever get it again!!
godiva83 12:48 PM 02-07-2012
So funny how a full moon does funny things to ppl! My DH works for the Police and said before going in, " it will be a busy one tonight, full
Moon all the whackadoos hit the streets."
It is the same with kids.
MamaBear 01:59 PM 02-07-2012
That explains my weird day today! haha
Bookworm 02:14 PM 02-07-2012
Well that just explained nap time.
Hunni Bee 02:22 PM 02-07-2012
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
the other kids just act a bit possessed. I can't stand full moons.
So THAT'S what it is!! My kids have been acting horrible, and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what's wrong. Plus we had a birthday party (and cupcakes) this afternoon... Ugh...I told them if they act like that again tomorrow, we're going sit and look at each other til time to go home. So hoping for a better day.
Meyou 03:04 AM 02-08-2012
Mine weren't naughty yesterday but they were possessed. Soooo hyper and they sang loudly all day long.
mickey2 12:11 PM 02-08-2012
Yep full moons do that!

I worked several years in a nursing home on the Alzheimers floor and the residents would act unusually strange and get very aggitated with full moons.

I read somewhere else as well that barometric pressure can influence behaviour but never really experienced it.
beachgrl 07:38 PM 02-08-2012
Oh wow, no wonder..thought maybe i was having an off week bc my littles are off their rockers and seem to be bent on search, dump, and destroy missions
Tags:rough week, won't sleep
Reply Up