Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Do All Day?
Miss A 01:24 PM 05-05-2016
3 years ago I was in school for early childhood education and was hired to be a teacher in a I can't room of a daycare center. I quickly worked up to lead infant teacher, and not to sound self-important, but our baby numbers grew and soon we were at capacity every single day, and the work soon became overwhelming. I left that job after graduation and worked with adults with disabilities before deciding to open my own home daycare. Now, almost a year in I find that my first enrolled toddlers are off for the summer before preschool, and I once again have an infant group, which works wonderfully for me because I will have my own baby soon.

This isn't new to me, and I really love I can't care. I just find that after almost a year of high energy toddlers, my babies are so laid back and so scheduled. Some days I struggle with the thought that I am not doing enough for them, because I find that I myself have spurts if boredom.

Then I remember that my job is to provide them with a safe environment to explore, safe toys to play with, smiles and hugs and laughter to help them grow socio-emotionally, and comfort and care to develop safe attachments. Infant care is truly my favorite, and I wish I could stay in this I can't phase of my business forever!
CityGarden 03:39 PM 05-05-2016
In my area there are several providers who provide infant care only! Most who do infant care in my area serve 0-2 or 0-3 years but I know of at least one who only provides care for infants 18 months and under. All of them stay full.

Have you heard of RIE? I would certainly look into that. When my daughter was young every day or two I would look at the environment and make small changes. Also lots of sportscasting http://www.janetlansbury.com/2013/04...lds-struggles/ really RIE is such a gold mind especially for the young ones.
stephanie 04:28 PM 05-05-2016
I hear you!! I worked in a toddler room for about 9 months before being transferred to the infant room (not my choice)...and I was so. bored. And I had other adults to talk to! I can't imagine how you do it!

Don't have any advice, just wanted you to know you're not alone
yodaone 06:59 PM 05-05-2016
I find myself getting bored as well! Sometimes I have to change it up a little and have some fun music time with the infants. They lay on the floor and I'll turn on some silly kids music and sing and dance for them. They love it AND I get a workout!
Tags:daily routine, schedule
Reply Up