Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation Days Continued..
momofboys 06:26 AM 03-10-2010
I know there was just another thread about this but I wanted some opinions regarding my circumstance.

When I started doing daycare I was very upfront about the fact that I would not take off many days (my parent is a teacher so I have all summer off including Christmas break, etc. . . I don't get paid for those days but it is a perk for me to spend extra time with just my kids). However, I did tell my one parent at the time that I would take off 3-4 days over my kids' spring break & may need another day or two for appointments. This teacher teaches in a different school district so she has a different spring break than her son or my kids who go to the same school together. So I let her know in early January what days I would be taking off in April. She never commented about it & I actually gave her the dates TWO times sort of like a hint to write them in on her calendar. This morning she made a comment about how she had to take off several days for dr appts for her daughter & she seemed annoyed about it. Her daughter has some hearing loss (she's 4) & they just found out about it so she has had many appts. I'm concerned that she will not be happy that she has to find back-up for my days off even though I gave her several months notice. She will not be paying me for my days off. Did I give enough notice?
originalkat 06:52 PM 03-10-2010
I think you have covered yourself, but just to make sure I would send home a written reminder.
Persephone 07:11 PM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by originalkat:
I think you have covered yourself, but just to make sure I would send home a written reminder.
I agree. She might not be happy but you told her more then once.
Daycare Mommy 02:53 AM 03-11-2010
Yep I agree. I'd post something by the sign in sheet / front door area and give her a reminder on paper as well. Good luck with her. I hope it goes smoothly for you.
Michael 12:41 AM 03-12-2010
THere is another thread regarding vacations here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12321

You can also click on the "vacation" tag at the bottom left corner of this post and all posts relating to it will come up.
Tags:days off, vacation
Reply Up