Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dumb Hurricane...
daycarediva 02:56 AM 10-30-2012
Schools are closed, some roads are closed but I have power, so I am open.

I will have 6 kids under 5 AND 2 SA kids PLUS my big kids home today.

More than half of the parents called in to work last night or their jobs werre closed today as well.

I need a smiley for pulling your hair out.
daycarediva 03:45 AM 10-30-2012
Ahhhhhhhh and it gets better. My first two kids are no call no show. They SWORE they were coming at regular time. My entire house is still asleep, and I could be too!
Lilbutterflie 05:27 AM 10-30-2012
No matter how many times this is mentioned; I STILL just can't get over how many parents are so quick to bring their child to daycare when they have the day off.

Why don't parents seem to want to spend time with their children anymore???

I just recently learned that my DCG's dad got a new job which allows him to have every Friday off. Yet, they still bring her. Every single Friday.

And then there are the No Call, No Shows. One of my other pet peeves! It is so disrespectful & inconsiderate!
SunshineMama 05:41 AM 10-30-2012
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
No matter how many times this is mentioned; I STILL just can't get over how many parents are so quick to bring their child to daycare when they have the day off.

Why don't parents seem to want to spend time with their children anymore???

I just recently learned that my DCG's dad got a new job which allows him to have every Friday off. Yet, they still bring her. Every single Friday.

And then there are the No Call, No Shows. One of my other pet peeves! It is so disrespectful & inconsiderate!
These are my thoughts this morning as well. My first child was supposed to be here at 7:30, but dcd is off, so they are going to sleep in and he will bring him later (thanks- next fam isnt due until 9:00 and I was up all night from the loud wind. I have 2 more children whose parents I know for a fact are not going to work today, but they are planning on bringing their kids too.

I dont get why people dont want to be with their kids. Where I live there arent many major closings, but there is a light dust of snow on the ground and we are under a wind advisory. I wouldnt want to leave my house to drop off my kid, just to go back to my house. But then again, I called my dd off of preschool today bc I didnt want to risk having dh drive her on the highway early this morning with the weather and wind today. And i'm soooo excited she will be here all day
Scout 07:19 AM 10-30-2012
Why would they risk taking their kids out in this crap?? We have power lines down all over the place....my kids are staying put with me! Keep them safe, don't take them out in this weather! Grrr...i don't get it either...makes me sad
e.j. 12:21 PM 10-30-2012
3 out of 6 kids showed up yesterday. The parents of the kids who came were home from work because of the hurricane. Granted, we had very little damage in this area compared to others but there were large trees down, some flodding and even as of today, schools were called off or opening was delayed so clean-up could happen. The conditions were bad enough yesterday that as a parent, I would not have wanted to bring my kids to day care unless I had absolutely no other choice.

I used to live for this kind of weather when my own kids were young just so I had an excuse to stay home and spend extra time with them. I do understand wanting "me" time and I don't usually care one way or another if the parent is working or not when they drop off kids for care but it does bother me some are willing to take such risks with their kids sometimes.
DaisyMamma 06:07 PM 10-31-2012
I had two kids here in the middle of the hurricane on Monday and were here 7 hours the next day - BOTH parents were home!
Soccermom 06:14 PM 10-31-2012
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
I had two kids here in the middle of the hurricane on Monday and were here 7 hours the next day - BOTH parents were home!
That makes me so sad I don't understand why DCPS still take their kids to daycare when they could be home snuggling them or watching a movie with them. When you are given an opportunity to spend quality time listening to, teaching and loving your child, you Take it!
It's no wonder children act the way they do now.
Reply Up