Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Open Daycare Center - Sell a Daycare - Rent a Daycare - Buy a Daycare>Daycare Center Business
Maman_sub 04:48 AM 06-21-2018
Hi are Daycare Center Business always profitable. What are the risks associated with it ? If the location is favorable will it run successfully under good management? Is investing so much money worth. Any inputs.
Blackcat31 06:19 AM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Maman_sub:
Hi are Daycare Center Business always profitable. What are the risks associated with it ? If the location is favorable will it run successfully under good management? Is investing so much money worth. Any inputs.
Hi! I've noticed this is a "repeated" post....

Im sorry you aren't finding the responses here you are looking for i regards to opening/operating a business but the majority of members here are in home family child care providers or center workers. Very few (maybe one or two) are center owners and/or directors.

Please stay, post and share though! We are a wealth of knowledge when it comes to program rules/policies and both parent and child management so we ARE useful!!

My suggestion to find the answers you seek are to contact and network with other center owners in your area. If center owners/directors in your area aren't open to helping or assisting you, try a close by area that isn't competition.

Some will offer help and advice freely and others will view you as competition and be unhelpful and even rude in some cases but the bottom line is researching a business is the hardest and most time consuming part (but most important in my opinion) of owning a business so I really hope you find that answers you are looking for!
Unregistered 10:14 AM 07-16-2018
I am currently operating a child care center in a church in TN, I started it from the ground up. It has taken almost 4 years to have it up and running and I just finished my 1st full year as a licensed 3 star child care center. I cannot begin to tell you how hard it has been, just being honest. Truly think about whether it is something you are passionate about. Licensing makes things extremely stressful and difficult. The training hours, rules, etc. I have developed a stress ulcer from the state aspect of this job. Speaking of finances, we are not making a profit, more of a charity business and the staff turnover is ridiculous and I pay more $ than any of my surrounding providers. Working with children is extremely rewarding; but the staff burnout is ongoing. If you have any questions, I would be glad to help in any way I can.
Shanay 07:09 AM 07-17-2018
[quote=Unregistered;679506]I am currently operating a child care center in a church in TN

Wow, thanks for that information! I wanted to become an owner as well in Atlanta.
Maman_sub 12:05 PM 07-25-2018
Hi thank you so much for sharing your experience. That’s exactly what I wanted to know about this business. I love working with kids and is really interested in opening my own daycare center. I researched few operating daycare centers and their profit margins are really low, most of them operate way below their capacity. Was wondering why? Since the buildings, teachers owners everything looks so professional. Even their star ratings are so good!!
Tags:starting a daycare
Reply Up