Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Upcoming Vacation and Vacancy
spud912 06:28 PM 11-23-2011
I have a pre-planned (as in planned 1 year ago) vacation for my family the week between Christmas and New Years. However, I have a vacancy that I need to fill and am now worried that parents will not want to go with me considering the upcoming vacation. Has this been a problem for any of you when filling a vacancy? Thanks!
spud912 08:03 PM 11-24-2011
Anyone? Thanks!
Pammie 06:11 AM 11-25-2011
I personally don't think it's that big of a problem. Most parents will have some time off of work that week anyway. And I know many providers that close for that whole week every year tool

I think that if you're just upfront with it during an interview, that'll give them time to work around it! Also if you have a calendar to give them that outlines your planned closings for the next couple of months, they'll know that you PLAN for days off and they're not going to be surprised at the last moment with a call-off:-)
nannyde 06:49 AM 11-25-2011
I have this issue too when I'm trying to fill a slot at this time of year. I take the last two weeks of December off so it's a big vacation right away. I try to sell the good side of it which for me is that I go six months from January to the end of June without a SINGLE working day off. If they can work with me to get thru the xmas break they will get six straight months without having to make arrangements.

I don't get many that start at this time of year. January is a better time.
Tags:vacancy, vacation
Reply Up