Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>State Agency Training
AmyLeigh 12:56 PM 01-10-2012
Okay, so I have one state paid client. I received a letter from our local Agency stating that they will not be mailing out the checks on the 20th this month as usual. Instead, we are requested to attend a training on their changes (going online) Tuesday, the 24th at 5:30 pm. We can pick up our checks at this training.
I can't believe these people work with childcare providers and yet are not aware that 5:30 is a difficult time for us to attend a training. My earliest pick up is 5:30, latest being 7:00. I have 3 children of my own and my dh doesn't get home from work until 7:00 -7:30. So am I supposed to tell my dcf's that they have to arrange to have their children picked up no later than 5:00 and me make arrangements for care for my own kids? Am I being unreasonable by being annoyed at this? At least the food program training was on a Saturday morning!
familyschoolcare 03:22 PM 01-10-2012
I fell your pain

I agree youe should be fustrated.

And yes, atleast the food program training was responable times I had a choice of evening at 6:30 ir sat morning.

Would it help to call them and ask/complain about the situation.
PitterPatter 05:23 PM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by AmyLeigh:
Okay, so I have one state paid client. I received a letter from our local Agency stating that they will not be mailing out the checks on the 20th this month as usual. Instead, we are requested to attend a training on their changes (going online) Tuesday, the 24th at 5:30 pm. We can pick up our checks at this training.
I can't believe these people work with childcare providers and yet are not aware that 5:30 is a difficult time for us to attend a training. My earliest pick up is 5:30, latest being 7:00. I have 3 children of my own and my dh doesn't get home from work until 7:00 -7:30. So am I supposed to tell my dcf's that they have to arrange to have their children picked up no later than 5:00 and me make arrangements for care for my own kids? Am I being unreasonable by being annoyed at this? At least the food program training was on a Saturday morning!
Our trainings are optional but we do have to have at least 5, 2 hr trainings per year. A few are offered on Saturday but I find that the ones that really interest me are through the week. Usually mid day like 10am to 12 noon, or 2-4. Whenever I speak up about them being difficult time frames and ask if they could maybe keep more on weekends or evenings they always say the same thing. "This is 1 of the reasons you are required to have a back up provider to be with the kids"

I am annoyed as well because even though I have a backup sometimes they aren't available. The office doesn't understand that there is not a person who has nothing better to do than sit around and wait to fill in. People have to work. I feel they should just be more flexible with the trainings.
daycare 05:55 PM 01-10-2012
same here all of the training's are during the daytime when I cant attend.

I don't know anyone that I could trust to stay with my DCK while I would be gone. If they did something to one of my DCK well I would lose my mind.

Also, my state says that I cant be gone for more than 20% of the time that I operate my daycare. So this would mean that I cant do it even if I did have an assistant.

Funny how they want us to attend the rules, but then make rules so that we can't go.

I just don't get it.....way way way to much grey area for me...

I take college classes at the JC on weekends.
Cat Herder 03:17 AM 01-11-2012
I feel the same.

All of our "meetings" to "voice our opposition" to new changes or proposals seem to be scheduled for mid-day, mid-week....then re-scheduled at least 3 times so you only have a day or two notice. Consistently.

It feels very purposeful.
Tags:state assisted payments, subsidy
Reply Up