Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Going Full Time
Growing1atime 08:07 AM 10-03-2011
I hope I can explain this well.

I have all part timers right now. It was never my intention to do part time care, but for some reason that is where my business has gone to.

I have 6 children on my roaster, all of them are 2 days a week with the occasional third day thrown in there. At first this was stressful to me. But now I like it. My financial situation is such that I need to make $400 per week to make ends meet for my family. I make a little over that so that is good. And on occasion I have one day off during the week to spend with just my kids. I have four of my own, 8yrs down to 1yrs. Which is why I don't push to be a full time daycare. I have one everyday all on my own!

One of my dcb is needing full time care in a month or so. DCM is going fulltime with her job. DCB is my one that wouldn't sleep here, and hated it here for 2 months. But the last 3 weeks he has changed completely. He naps, he is happy. I put so much work into the relationship with him. I know that he can't go anywhere else. It would be way to hard on him.

But.....that means I will be fulltime with out days off. I am really thinking about it right now because I just had a four day weekend. One of my little ones is on vaca.

Just needed somewhere to write about it. I know I will do it. I mean, I don't always have a day off during the week just once or twice a month. But it really is nice! My kids love it when they have me ALL to themselves.
cheerfuldom 08:55 AM 10-03-2011
Can you still work the long weekend into your schedule? Close like one Friday a month and let the mom know that that is part of the deal? Otherwise, you can let one of the part timers go because you have a full timer now and can hopefully have some days where he is the only daycare kid there.....sort of close to a day off
MommyMuffin 09:32 AM 10-03-2011
There may come a time when others need different days/times and you may not always get a day off. Is it worth losing dcb over?
Growing1atime 11:39 AM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Can you still work the long weekend into your schedule? Close like one Friday a month and let the mom know that that is part of the deal? Otherwise, you can let one of the part timers go because you have a full timer now and can hopefully have some days where he is the only daycare kid there.....sort of close to a day off
I thought about both of the things you suggested. But I really like all the kids I have now. Also I could take that day off. I would just have to let her know in advance. This dcm has really good backup and never has an issue with getting other care if needed. I will have to see how it goes.

Thanks!
Growing1atime 11:42 AM 10-03-2011
Originally Posted by MommyMuffin:
There may come a time when others need different days/times and you may not always get a day off. Is it worth losing dcb over?
I never said I was going to term him. I always knew I would do it when she asked. I am just mourning the fact that I will not have these "special days" with my just my kids. They aren't always here, but when they do come I LOVE them!

Thanks!
Tags:full time, part time to full time
Reply Up