Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late or a No-Show?
thwomp 08:28 AM 04-18-2014
I had an interview scheduled at 12:30 yesterday with a parent; in the morning, though, she emailed to reschedule. We moved it to 11:00 today. 25 after, no word from the parent, and she's still not here...
Blackcat31 08:29 AM 04-18-2014
I usually tell people in my communications with them about the interview time that I give them a 15 minute window. If they are later than 15 minutes without communication, the interview is off.

If they arrive MORE than 15 minutes early, they need to wait.

I am guessing that if she hasn't at least contacted you yet, she is a no show.

I'm sorry.
thwomp 08:41 AM 04-18-2014
That's what I figured. I'm not going to wait around all day for her. Should I send her an email asking why she didn't come, or wait for her to contact me? I'm leaning towards waiting. I'm not so sure I even want her as a client now - I'm getting pretty irritated between the last-minute rescheduling and not showing up today.
Blackcat31 08:54 AM 04-18-2014
Originally Posted by thwomp:
That's what I figured. I'm not going to wait around all day for her. Should I send her an email asking why she didn't come, or wait for her to contact me? I'm leaning towards waiting. I'm not so sure I even want her as a client now - I'm getting pretty irritated between the last-minute rescheduling and not showing up today.
I would not contact her. The first impression definitely says a lot and I think she may be showing you her true colors.

If she does contact you, she best have a really good reason for no showing you. I understand that things happen but in this day and age of electronic everything communicating is so simple that there really is no valid excuse.

I'd go about my day and know you probably dodged a bullet.
Shell 10:39 AM 04-18-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I would not contact her. The first impression definitely says a lot and I think she may be showing you her true colors.

If she does contact you, she best have a really good reason for no showing you. I understand that things happen but in this day and age of electronic everything communicating is so simple that there really is no valid excuse.

I'd go about my day and know you probably dodged a bullet.

crazydaycarelady 11:10 AM 04-18-2014
I wouldn't contact her either. If someone is so disrespectful as to no-show I don't give a second chance.
misslori50 01:22 PM 04-21-2014
I cant tell you how many rude no shows Ive had.If they dont show up they are done as far as im concerned
Tags:first interview, interview, interview - late
Reply Up