Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Think I Got My First Enrollment!
Thriftylady 07:32 AM 11-26-2014
I think I got my first enrollment last night! It is a school ager, part time, but hey it is a place to start. Mom is waiting for her new work schedule since she gets them a month at a time and then going to set up with me to bring her DD here a couple of days to see how it works for her. She will ride the bus to and from school. Mom likes her other provider but she is in another town and mom is switching from nights to days so needs someone who can get her to and from school. Not an issue since the bus stop is in my yard.
Luvnmykidz 07:41 AM 11-26-2014
That's great news. Usually after one enrollment it seems like the phone calls/inquiries just flow on in. I'm sure your pretty excited. Get ready for more enrollments to follow.
Thriftylady 08:25 AM 11-26-2014
Yes I am excited especially to hear her say "I am not unhappy with my current person, it just isn't convenient for school". If they start the provider bashing I always wonder about them.
daycare 08:40 AM 11-26-2014
I found that the more you learn to interview parents, of course the better you get at it and the sign ups start happening.

Congrats, that is great news.

I am sure after the holiday, things will pick up. I find that this time of the year is slow for me every year. Then in Jan, things pick up.

Sugar Magnolia 09:58 AM 11-26-2014
Excellent!

Congrats!
Unregistered 10:01 AM 11-26-2014
That's fantastic!

It only takes one to get started so hoping this is only the beginning for you!!
melilley 10:13 AM 11-26-2014
Congratulations!
SignMeUp 10:55 AM 11-26-2014
I'm so happy for you
I hope it's the start of all things good
CraftyMom 11:43 AM 11-26-2014

_Dana_ 11:50 AM 11-26-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I think I got my first enrollment last night!
Yay! And how convenient that the bus stop is *right* there!
Controlled Chaos 01:11 PM 11-26-2014
That is wonderful! I have been thinking about you this week, I think it is hard fir parents to be the first but now that you have one I am sure more will follow
MyAngels 01:37 PM 11-26-2014
Congratulations, that's awesome! And just in time for the holidays
Thriftylady 11:12 AM 11-29-2014
I am still waiting to hear back from her about her schedule. I may call her tonight and see what she says. Hoping that things work out the way I hope they will! It sure does help me to feel a little better about things. I just hope it leads to a couple of more soon.
midaycare 12:39 PM 11-29-2014
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
I am still waiting to hear back from her about her schedule. I may call her tonight and see what she says. Hoping that things work out the way I hope they will! It sure does help me to feel a little better about things. I just hope it leads to a couple of more soon.
It will!
Thriftylady 07:24 AM 11-30-2014
Well I texted mom today to find out when they were going to start and she told me that they had reconsidered due to dcg's asthma and my having indoor pets. I swear I just can't get started. We had talked about all of that and were going to do a trial period, but now they have changed their minds. What am I going to have to do to get started? I am thinking this just isn't going to happen for me.
sahm1225 04:00 PM 11-30-2014
Oh thrifty, I'm sorry it didn't work out!

Keep advertising and tell everyone you come in contact with about your anaIng daycare (the mailman, the cashier at grocery store, your neighbors). Is your area typically hard to find daycare? You could advertise at your church bulletin, talk to the bus driver, maybe even call your local schools and give them your info (I actually got 2 great referrals from the PTA president).
MyAngels 05:22 PM 11-30-2014
Check with some of the major employers in your area to see if they maintain lists of providers for their employees. There are two big companies here that do this, and I get calls continually from that.

I also had to fill several spots recently and my DD put a post on her employer's internal bulletin board and I got an avalanche of emails from that and filled the spots quickly, so check with people you know to see if their companies allow that.
Cradle2crayons 05:33 PM 11-30-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
Oh thrifty, I'm sorry it didn't work out!

Keep advertising and tell everyone you come in contact with about your anaIng daycare (the mailman, the cashier at grocery store, your neighbors). Is your area typically hard to find daycare? You could advertise at your church bulletin, talk to the bus driver, maybe even call your local schools and give them your info (I actually got 2 great referrals from the PTA president).
I have a local daycare friend who takes business cards everywhere with her. Every time she sees a mom or family with small kids, she hands one out. She stays full with a full waiting list. It works for her I think because she lives in a fairly metro area. And every field trip she does the same thing. People see her well mannered kids and want there kids in that environment.

Since I live in the sticks I advertise more in my area. People have to pass my house to get to work
Tags:first client
Reply Up