Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question on Unvaccinated
megoddess444 05:48 PM 06-28-2019
I’m in California and I have a 16 month old wanting to start. She has zero vaccinations. I told mom I couldn’t take her unless she went to the doctor, got started on the vaccines and I needed a catch up plan from the doctor.
Mom text me today saying doctor wouldn’t give her a written catch up plan. Am I missing something here? Would the doctor say that? What are my options?
Thanks
sharlan 07:27 PM 06-28-2019
In CA you cannot take the child without immunizations.
Cat Herder 08:04 AM 07-01-2019
I'd just tell her you need an Immunization form before the first day of attendance. She can go to the health department and they will handle the rest. It isn't as complicated as some like to make it out to be.

The rest is between her and the doctor, you simply need the form and for her to not let it expire. It is about the form, not the shots to you. Let the health department deal with the rest.
megoddess444 09:31 AM 07-01-2019
As it turns out she was not being honest. The doctor wouldn’t give her a “catch up plan” because the parent only wanted to give one shot per month. As we all know, it doesn’t work that way. She wanted to start today with just the MMR shot. I laughed and said “Nope”. Parents that are anti vaxxers need to understand we have laws to follow. So, she had to quit her job (that started today) to stay home with her precious angel.
hwichlaz 08:45 AM 07-02-2019
If you have a yellow card to look at, they have a space for the doctor or nurse to write the date of the next immunization. I just ask that they fill that portion out, and after I photocopy it I highlight that spot in bright yellow. Catch up schedules are every two months for most shots though. So if it is longer than 2 months out I want an explanation from the doctor.
Lissa Kristine 03:08 PM 07-14-2019
No shot, no spot.
Tags:immunization, shot record, unvaccinated, vaccinations
Reply Up