Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>If You Don't Mind Sharing Your Afterschool Rates?
greenhouse 09:40 AM 06-01-2011
Hi Ladies,
I've decided to focus on getting my after school spots filled. My 2 infant spots are filled and all I get are ONLY infant calls. I'm going to have an "after school" enrollment sign made for my yard in August. I'm just curious how much you charge for after school, before school and full day school holidays/snow days? I get $45 a day for under 3. $35 a day for 3 and 4. Based on these rates- what should I charge? I was thinking $10 per day after school only, $12 for before and after and $30 on days off???
Thanks
Unregistered 09:51 AM 06-01-2011
My rates are:
6 weeks- 5 years old- 125 a week flat rate

5 and up- 50 a week fo after school care (add 10 a day for everyday school is closed)
- 100 a week Summer care

We dont have before school programs Elementary school starts at 7:30am here.
lil angels 10:25 AM 06-01-2011
I get $45 a week for after school care our school programs are 8.75 a day so I have to compete a bit with that. I charge $100 week for summer care and $30 a day when there is a day off. But I don't take school age kids unless they grown up here and have a sib here. I get $100 a week for preschool and 120 for infant and toddler so you can go off of that if it helps.
Cat Herder 10:35 AM 06-01-2011
Here it is $5 a day during the school year and $85 a Week/Full-Time in the summer for those NOT on the free lunch program.

For those on the free lunch program it is all free through the school system.

That is why I don't offer it.

Once your kid turns 4 (as long as you put forth no effort) education, meals and childcare are free.

If you work hard you get to pay for everyone else while paying your own way. Makes the future look bright doesn't it??

Once upon a time it was a wonderful TEMPORARY program....now it is a multi-generational way of life. We lost the goal and focus somewhere along the way.

I actually have had families who cannot afford to get a job.
AfterSchoolMom 11:06 AM 06-01-2011
I do B/A only (no littles). I charge $16 per day for B/A and $12 per day for after only.
AnythingsPossible 12:43 PM 06-01-2011
$5.00/day for after school care. My area won't support charging anymore. Maybe call around to a few daycares and see what they are charging in your area? You can either claim you are a parent looking for care, or be upfront and tell them why you are asking. I have always had good luck with being upfront with other providers when asking them to share information.
Unregistered 07:12 PM 06-01-2011
Originally Posted by AnythingsPossible:
$5.00/day for after school care. My area won't support charging anymore. Maybe call around to a few daycares and see what they are charging in your area? You can either claim you are a parent looking for care, or be upfront and tell them why you are asking. I have always had good luck with being upfront with other providers when asking them to share information.
Tom Copeland would call that illegal - price fixing! My SA rate is $80/week. But my SA family has been paying $100/week for each child, and just gave me a raise of $5/week/child for no particular reason. Love this family!
AnythingsPossible 05:48 AM 06-02-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Tom Copeland would call that illegal - price fixing! My SA rate is $80/week. But my SA family has been paying $100/week for each child, and just gave me a raise of $5/week/child for no particular reason. Love this family!
I'm not saying we all charge the same, I'm saying that I have called other daycares when offering care that I don't usually offer and seeing how they base their rates. In our area for infants we have rates range from 20/day to 40/day, so price fixing isn't an issue. I was merely stating that if you contact other providers and are upfront with why you are asking, sometimes they are willing to share. Not for the purpose of price fixing, but for the purpose of knowing where to start.
If you have a resource and referral agency in your area, you can also call them and they may have the range of rates offered in your area. Ours will tell you the highest and lowest rate offered for a particular age group.
radhas 05:09 PM 06-02-2011
I do only after school and I charge $16 a day and School breaks $20.
rainbowbritedaycare 07:02 PM 05-05-2016
Originally Posted by lil angels:
I get $45 a week for after school care our school programs are 8.75 a day so I have to compete a bit with that. I charge $100 week for summer care and $30 a day when there is a day off. But I don't take school age kids unless they grown up here and have a sib here. I get $100 a week for preschool and 120 for infant and toddler so you can go off of that if it helps.
im not sure were your located but i charge 170 for infant a wk or 12 hr 150 a week or 10 an hr for 2-4yr and 120 a week for older kids a week or 9 hr im in paso robles ca
lovemydaycare0912 04:39 AM 05-06-2016
Originally Posted by greenhouse:
Hi Ladies,
I've decided to focus on getting my after school spots filled. My 2 infant spots are filled and all I get are ONLY infant calls. I'm going to have an "after school" enrollment sign made for my yard in August. I'm just curious how much you charge for after school, before school and full day school holidays/snow days? I get $45 a day for under 3. $35 a day for 3 and 4. Based on these rates- what should I charge? I was thinking $10 per day after school only, $12 for before and after and $30 on days off???
Thanks
I charge 47 for infanta to age 2. 40 for ages 3 and 4. School age is 100 a week for before and after. I dont do school age during summer. Ive only had 1 school ager last year for 1 month though. School age ranges here from 50-200. My price is high because I don't care to have school agers. If I am, I need it to be worth it. Also, there are a lot of after school programs around here ao it doesn't bother me that I don't have any.
Tags:rates
Reply Up