Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MMK - Question for the Veteran Users
MarinaVanessa 11:29 AM 07-09-2013
I use Minute Menu Kids Pro and I have a client that is on automatic payments. They are scheduled 3 days a week and their weekly fee reflects that. Their payment is automatically paid every Thursday.

Last Thursday their fee for this week was paid but today they asked if their child could come an extra day. Now, if you use automatic payments (when they automatically take the fee from the clients account) you know that the amount is automatically taken out and you don't have to create an invoice, the program automatically creates one for you.

Do any of you ladies know if there is a way to add the fee for the extra day to the payment that will be taken out this Thursday without having to create a separate invoice? I'd like to just add the amount for the day and have it all paid at once but I'm not sure how to do that. I've called MMK and emailed MMK but they take a day or two to get back so I was wondering if anyone here knew how to do it. Thanks!
daycare 11:34 AM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I use Minute Menu Kids Pro and I have a client that is on automatic payments. They are scheduled 3 days a week and their weekly fee reflects that. Their payment is automatically paid every Thursday.

Last Thursday their fee for this week was paid but today they asked if their child could come an extra day. Now, if you use automatic payments (when they automatically take the fee from the clients account) you know that the amount is automatically taken out and you don't have to create an invoice, the program automatically creates one for you.

Do any of you ladies know if there is a way to add the fee for the extra day to the payment that will be taken out this Thursday without having to create a separate invoice? I'd like to just add the amount for the day and have it all paid at once but I'm not sure how to do that. I've called MMK and emailed MMK but they take a day or two to get back so I was wondering if anyone here knew how to do it. Thanks!
are you talking about childcare pay?
Blackcat31 11:40 AM 07-09-2013

Go to the page where you can click on 'Paid Invoices' tab.

Highlight the invoice and click edit. do what you need to do...

That's how I add additional charges for parents that have already paid.

I guess I am not sure if you can still access the invoice if you didn't actually create it yourself.

(If you can't, then that's dumb because you should have that option available to you to add or subtract fees for whatever reason.) LOL!
MarinaVanessa 12:22 PM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by daycare:
are you talking about childcare pay?
Yes, I probably should have included that in my question but since I personally don't use childcarepay (only my clients actually use it to pay their invoices but I create my invoices in MMK) I always forget to include the name

Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Go to the page where you can click on 'Paid Invoices' tab.

Highlight the invoice and click edit. do what you need to do...

That's how I add additional charges for parents that have already paid.

I guess I am not sure if you can still access the invoice if you didn't actually create it yourself.

(If you can't, then that's dumb because you should have that option available to you to add or subtract fees for whatever reason.) LOL!
Yeah, I figured that this was what I was going to have to do. I was just wondering if there was a way to add it before it was pulled out so it would get paid automatically. This DC family is so busy with work that they love having everything set up through automatic payment so they don't actually have to log in to childcarepay KWIM. I definitely think that this should be an option.
krosey5 12:28 PM 07-09-2013
I don't have any clients set up for automatic bill pay, so I'm not sure this is even an option? Can you go to the "unpaid invoices" tab & edit their bill there? That way the fee would already be there before the draw takes place?
Patches 12:42 PM 07-09-2013
Can you change their weekly rate in your system and then change it back next week?
daycare 12:46 PM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by Patches:
Can you change their weekly rate in your system and then change it back next week?
\I had this issue before in the past and I think the DCM just paid me out of her pocket for it .....Now I am curious to know how to do this..... I will have to stand by and wait to see what answer is
MarinaVanessa 12:52 PM 07-09-2013
Originally Posted by krosey5:
I don't have any clients set up for automatic bill pay, so I'm not sure this is even an option? Can you go to the "unpaid invoices" tab & edit their bill there? That way the fee would already be there before the draw takes place?
Yeah that's the problem ... when they are set up for automatic payments you can't create an invoice for them, the system automatically creates one and charges them on it's own so there is nothing to edit or create. If I created an invoice it would only have to be for the one extra day and they would have to pay me separately in person or log in and pay for that one day separately.

I did go into the automatic payment setup and found that there was a way to change the amount but if you add more $$ to it then it would cancel all future automatic payment and you would have to set up their reoccurring payment again and they would have to approve it again through childcarepay. BOOOO . Oh well, they'll just have to pay for that extra day separately.
krosey5 08:56 AM 07-10-2013
Yeah that's the problem ... when they are set up for automatic payments you can't create an invoice for them, the system automatically creates one and charges them on it's own so there is nothing to edit or create. If I created an invoice it would only have to be for the one extra day and they would have to pay me separately in person or log in and pay for that one day separately.

I did go into the automatic payment setup and found that there was a way to change the amount but if you add more $$ to it then it would cancel all future automatic payment and you would have to set up their reoccurring payment again and they would have to approve it again through childcarepay. BOOOO . Oh well, they'll just have to pay for that extra day separately.
\

That's not very user friendly at all

I've thought a lot about offering this to clients, but now I'm not so sure. Now I'm curious....How does the system handle a vacation/sick/discounted day?
MarinaVanessa 10:02 AM 07-10-2013
Originally Posted by krosey5:
\

That's not very user friendly at all

I've thought a lot about offering this to clients, but now I'm not so sure. Now I'm curious....How does the system handle a vacation/sick/discounted day?
They are my first and only family on automatic payment but so far unless you are giving them a discount (if you charge them less you can change it no problem but the system won't let you charge them more than what they approved in the set-up process for their protection) you have to either create a new invoice for the separate amount/fee or re-submit the automatic payment process.

Really not a big deal to create a new invoice, DCM just wanted the extra fee to be added and paid for automatically because they don't use checks and hardly carry cash. She'll just has to go to the bank and pull out $, pay online or pay here with her CC/Debit card.

For my other clients it has been a blessing. I can easily create invoices and add/remove fees to already created invoices whether or not they have been paid for already. Then they have the option of either paying them in person with cash/check/card and I record the payments through MMK or they can go online and pay through Childcarepay.com. All of my regular clients pay through Childcarepay except my SIL. She pays cash. My drop-in clients pay about 50/50 through check and Childcarepay.com.
krosey5 12:01 PM 07-10-2013
They are my first and only family on automatic payment but so far unless you are giving them a discount (if you charge them less you can change it no problem but the system won't let you charge them more than what they approved in the set-up process for their protection) you have to either create a new invoice for the separate amount/fee or re-submit the automatic payment process.

Really not a big deal to create a new invoice, DCM just wanted the extra fee to be added and paid for automatically because they don't use checks and hardly carry cash. She'll just has to go to the bank and pull out $, pay online or pay here with her CC/Debit card.

For my other clients it has been a blessing. I can easily create invoices and add/remove fees to already created invoices whether or not they have been paid for already. Then they have the option of either paying them in person with cash/check/card and I record the payments through MMK or they can go online and pay through Childcarepay.com. All of my regular clients pay through Childcarepay except my SIL. She pays cash. My drop-in clients pay about 50/50 through check and Childcarepay.com.

Ah, OK, makes perfect sense.

I've only been doing care for a year. Steady clients since last Oct. To date I've only let clients pay by cash/check. I've thought about setting up the automatic payments to avoid ever having to ask for payment (which knock on wood--has only happened once).
daycare 07:27 PM 07-10-2013
I have actually found that having the parents set up a wire transfer works out so much better. I send out the invoice, they pay it.

I invoice late fees, other fees and what not. I just put a due date and leave it at that....
Tags:automatic - payment, mmk, mmk - auto payments
Reply Up