Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Kinder Eggs
Leigh 04:00 PM 12-13-2014
My son desperately wants Kinder Eggs for Christmas and I have been unable to find them. Turns out, they're illegal to import to the US.

Even though he won't have the Paw Patrol and Jake & the Neverland Pirates ones that he so desperately craves, I thought I'd try to make some for his stocking. I bought some small toys, but now I can't find eggs big enough to put the toys in! Does anyone know where to find these plastic eggs? I don't have a major craft store in my area to look for these, so I've been trying to find them on Amazon. Any ideas?
Blackcat31 04:08 PM 12-13-2014
Originally Posted by Leigh:
My son desperately wants Kinder Eggs for Christmas and I have been unable to find them. Turns out, they're illegal to import to the US.

Even though he won't have the Paw Patrol and Jake & the Neverland Pirates ones that he so desperately craves, I thought I'd try to make some for his stocking. I bought some small toys, but now I can't find eggs big enough to put the toys in! Does anyone know where to find these plastic eggs? I don't have a major craft store in my area to look for these, so I've been trying to find them on Amazon. Any ideas?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...MMQX554XZR35W3

I found these on Amazon. I don't know if they are the right size but the price seems fair and Amazon seems to have pretty quick shipping so you'll get them in plenty of time.
NeedaVaca 04:47 PM 12-13-2014
If you type Kinder Eggs in Ebay you will see results, they are similar to the real Kinder Egg. If you google them you will get other look alike brands too like Choco treasure.
daycare 05:08 PM 12-13-2014
I cannot believe the price for these. When I lived in UK these are very popular toy ones cost just a dollar or so. You can get them very expensive up to thousands of dollars. Wedding ring or jewelry

I thinks its funny to see them come popular here

Maybe you can buy the chocolate mold to make them yourself
craftymissbeth 06:34 PM 12-13-2014
Isn't that a bummer? I think those are so neat, but we will probably never experience them

I tried to understand why they don't allow them, but we really do have far more dangerous products than Kinder Eggs

It's not like the toy is rolling around inside the chocolate egg... they're inside of a plastic egg thing. I just don't understand
SignMeUp 06:44 PM 12-13-2014
Now I want to try to make some Always like a crafting challenge
One year we made dinosaur soap; tiny dinos inside of a homemade egg-shaped soap. And dinosaur eggs; papier mache around a water balloon, then you pop the balloon and pull it out and put the dinosaur inside and papier mache over the opening.
Reply Up