Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Maternity Leave and Cubby Supplies
Peaches 07:01 AM 01-12-2016
To previous providers who have taking maternity leave, what do you do with the daycare children's cubby supplies? Do you send all their extra diapers and change of clothes home when your maternity leave starts or do you hold on to it with the hopes they will return after the maternity leave? I am due in 3 weeks, planning for a 4 week maternity leave, and know I run the risk of losing families even though no one has mentioned it. I don't want to give them the impression that I am closing though either. Would it be wrong for me to not say anything and have them make the request if they want those items or wait until i get confirmation they will not return to bring it up??
Controlled Chaos 08:39 AM 01-12-2016
I didn't send anything extra home during my maternity leave that I wouldn't send home over the weekend. I assume everyone is of course coming back, unless specifically told otherwise
daycare 08:41 AM 01-12-2016
have you put anything in writing that agrees to continue services when you return?
Peaches 10:17 AM 01-12-2016
Yes, when i provided all the families my maternity leave plans i gave them a written notice of when i would be coming back.
daycare 05:59 PM 01-12-2016
Originally Posted by Peaches:
Yes, when i provided all the families my maternity leave plans i gave them a written notice of when i would be coming back.
you have something that states when you will come back, but do you have anything that states when they will come back?

I would want to know who is coming back or not so that if I had to fill spaces I would have time to do that while out on your maternity leave.

I guess i would just not assume that they are all coming back. I would need to have that conversation.
Reply Up