Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You’re Kidding......Right??
Dia 01:22 PM 02-18-2014
Well this is kind of a vent.

I interviewed a lady Friday. She has a 4yo. She stated that she "didn't feel like her daughter was learning anything at her current dcp" and that "dcp took closed for holidays that were not really big deal holidays" ......like president's day, no big deal i don't close on Presidents' Day but told her to look through my policies at the days that I do close.

She starts her Monday morning......she was supposed to be 8-5. She brings her in at 9.... Hmmm, I thought that's was strange but whatever. (I am not strict on drop off times) she doesn't come to pick her up until 6pm WTH? (I don't charge late fees unless they are past closing time) but I feel like it was pretty rude not to call or anything.

At pick up dcm says "I think I'm coming down with a stomach bug, I went home and laid down on the couch to take a short nap and I didn't wake up until 5:30"

Seriously, you left your previous provider because she closes for holidays that you are OFF on? Do people seriously not want to spend ANY time with their children?! Good grief....
Reply
daycare 01:30 PM 02-18-2014
I can feel your pain...i just lost a family member and had to travel over the weekend 400 miles one way. ALL of my parents knew about my situation. I told them that I would only open on monday before the passing of my family member for anyone who needed care so they could work.

I had 8 kids show up yesterday one even at 6am and only 1 parent was working. I was so exhausted from the drive that I had to endure on Sunday, didn't get home until 2am.

Oh well, as they see it, they are paying for the day so they need to use it. ANS just like their problems are theirs, mine are mine..

do you work on contracted times?
Reply
Dia 01:40 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I can feel your pain...i just lost a family member and had to travel over the weekend 400 miles one way. ALL of my parents knew about my situation. I told them that I would only open on monday before the passing of my family member for anyone who needed care so they could work.

I had 8 kids show up yesterday one even at 6am and only 1 parent was working. I was so exhausted from the drive that I had to endure on Sunday, didn't get home until 2am.

Oh well, as they see it, they are paying for the day so they need to use it. ANS just like their problems are theirs, mine are mine..

do you work on contracted times?
So Sorry for your loss. My dad passed in September, I was closed for 3 days + the weekend days. We live drove over 500 miles one way. Thankfully all my dcp were very understanding and would not even accept a refund for any of the days I was closed. It was and has still been a very difficult time for me, but the world doesn't stop for one persons grief. It stinks but it's true
Reply
Blackcat31 01:42 PM 02-18-2014
Welcome to the forum!
Reply
Dia 01:48 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Welcome to the forum!
Thank you you happen to be one of my favorite people on here, even though I really don't know you but I have been unregistered for a while. You always have suburb advice. *note to self, never argue with black cat*
Reply
daycare 01:52 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Dia:
Thank you you happen to be one of my favorite people on here, even though I really don't know you but I have been unregistered for a while. You always have suburb advice. *note to self, never argue with black cat*
hahahahhah you are so funny! yeah she's like the GOD FATHER......lol
Reply
Blackcat31 02:29 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Dia:
Thank you you happen to be one of my favorite people on here, even though I really don't know you but I have been unregistered for a while. You always have suburb advice. *note to self, never argue with black cat*
Well, thank you!

But it IS perfectly fine to argue with me....I love a good debate.

Although I have been doing this a looooong time, I still learn something new everyday and each and every poster on this forum (registered and unregistered) have valuable and useable input that I gleen tons of idea, tips and education from.
Reply
Meeko 05:25 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
I can feel your pain...i just lost a family member and had to travel over the weekend 400 miles one way. ALL of my parents knew about my situation. I told them that I would only open on monday before the passing of my family member for anyone who needed care so they could work.

I had 8 kids show up yesterday one even at 6am and only 1 parent was working. I was so exhausted from the drive that I had to endure on Sunday, didn't get home until 2am.

Oh well, as they see it, they are paying for the day so they need to use it. ANS just like their problems are theirs, mine are mine..

do you work on contracted times?
Most of the parents are paying a monthly payment for their car too. Isn't it funny that they don't seem to think they have to sit in it CONSTANTLY because "they're paying for it" ???

Or many pay a gym membership each month and yet don't feel they have to use it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Or they pay for cable and yet don't feel they MUST watch TV ....ALL the time because "they're paying for it".......

For some reason, that excuse is only used for daycare.....
Reply
TheGoodLife 08:47 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Dia:
Thank you you happen to be one of my favorite people on here, even though I really don't know you but I have been unregistered for a while. You always have suburb advice. *note to self, never argue with black cat*

Reply
MommaB3 07:20 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Most of the parents are paying a monthly payment for their car too. Isn't it funny that they don't seem to think they have to sit in it CONSTANTLY because "they're paying for it" ???

Or many pay a gym membership each month and yet don't feel they have to use it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

Or they pay for cable and yet don't feel they MUST watch TV ....ALL the time because "they're paying for it".......

For some reason, that excuse is only used for daycare.....
Sometimes I would love to include quotes like this in my parent handbook. I think parents seriously don't think of it like this and if they did they might not choose to leave their kids here as long as they do...although some still would I'm sure!
Reply
CraftyMom 08:33 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by MommaB3:
Sometimes I would love to include quotes like this in my parent handbook. I think parents seriously don't think of it like this and if they did they might not choose to leave their kids here as long as they do...although some still would I'm sure!
I'd love to make this quote into a sign and hang it in my daycare room, right above the cubbies where everyone is sure to see it
Reply
Tags:new member, vent, venting
Reply Up