Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gave My First Notice...
Unregistered 01:05 PM 02-13-2012
I logged out. I gave a family notice today and need to write a letter. I've searched the tags, but can't find what I'm looking for. Without ANY fluff in the letter.....how does this sound?

DATE HERE

The last day of care for NAME HERE will be Friday DATE HERE. The amount due is $*** for the final week of care due on February 17 at PICKUP TIME. If you find another daycare prior to DATE HERE please let me know and I will send you a check for the difference.

So anything in BOLD I changed. I originally gave this family one week but they called upset and asked for two which I will do. They have part of a week prepaid so if they don't stay for part of next week I have to give them a check anyways. Do you mail them a check a week after services ended to make sure you received everything you were suppose to first that their checks all cleared? or do you hand them a check on their last day? Do you give the option to leave early if they find another daycare? I only wanted them this week and to be done, but got talked into two weeks.

I am also not sure if I should write it in the "I" "you" terms or if I should write provider or parent. Please help, I need to type this tonight and print two copies. Thanks!
wdmmom 02:08 PM 02-13-2012
I don't do any exchange of money on last day of attendance.

Termination (by parent or provider) means the parent must pay up front for the final 2 weeks. I require a 4 week notice so if there is any deposit on file, I use that and the parents need to pay the remainer up front.

If there is an overpayment, I get a certified bank draft within 10 days after services are rendered and mail it.
Blackcat31 02:14 PM 02-13-2012
I require a written two weeks notice or (two weeks of pay) and if they choose not to stay, they can leave but they do not get any money back.

If they begged you for the addition week, I would charge them for it and not return any money since they essentially scheduled that time. Whether they use it or not shouldnt be your problem.
Crazy8 05:53 PM 02-15-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I require a written two weeks notice or (two weeks of pay) and if they choose not to stay, they can leave but they do not get any money back.

If they begged you for the addition week, I would charge them for it and not return any money since they essentially scheduled that time. Whether they use it or not shouldnt be your problem.
yeah, that!!

The way my contract is worded I will never be in a position to have to return money. If I give you a date that care will terminate than I will use your deposit for that final week but if you choose to leave earlier you do not get a refund.
Tags:notice, termination letter
Reply Up