Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Put My Foot Down HARD This Morning...I Don't Know What Came Over Me LOL!
Soccermom 10:49 AM 12-03-2013
This morning I had an overly demanding DCM tell me yet again what she needs me to do for her DD and I just lost it!

Yesterday she asked me if she could bring her DD here on Friday because we are doing a special activity although her DD only comes 3 days a week and Friday is not one of those days (DCG is really hard to deal with and aggressive to boot!) She said since she missed a day last week she wants to replace it since she paid me already....okay fine, didn't argue with her. Let it slide like most of the other things.

Then this morning she tells me straight out - No more Pulls Ups at nap, we are training her to not pee in her bed anymore.

Excuse me! DCG pees in her Pull up every single day. She is not ready. I am not cleaning her and her bed up everyday. I have other kids to take care of.

I am so sick of this DCM telling me how it is going to be, and not just her but a lot of DCPS telling me how to run my DC all the time and not following my policies.

I just bursted out with - No I will not put her to bed in underwear until she is dry for at least 2 weeks. If you no longer want to provide pull ups for her then you know where the door is. I know she is the only child in your home but here she is one of many and the needs of others need to be considered here as well.

YES!!!! I finally said exactly what I felt to a DCP after 10 years in the industry!!

(Keep in mind this is a very difficult DCM and she is constantly telling me how to care for her DD like I haven't raised 3 of my own or been in the daycare industry for over 10 years! This is the DCM who came into my home the first day and set the place up just the way she wanted it to be for her DD.)
Blackcat31 10:52 AM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
This morning I had an overly demanding DCM tell me yet again what she needs me to do for her DD and I just lost it!

Yesterday she asked me if she could bring her DD here on Friday because we are doing a special activity although her DD only comes 3 days a week and Friday is not one of those days (DCG is really hard to deal with and aggressive to boot!) She said since she missed a day last week she wants to replace it since she paid me already....okay fine, didn't argue with her. Let it slide like most of the other things.

Then this morning she tells me straight out - No more Pulls Ups at nap, we are training her to not pee in her bed anymore.

Excuse me! DCG pees in her Pull up every single day. She is not ready. I am not cleaning her and her bed up everyday. I have other kids to take care of.

I am so sick of this DCM telling me how it is going to be, and not just her but a lot of DCPS telling me how to run my DC all the time and not following my policies.

I just bursted out with - No I will not put her to bed in underwear until she is dry for at least 2 weeks. If you no longer want to provide pull ups for her then you know where the door is. I know she is the only child in your home but here she is one of many and the needs of others need to be considered here as well.

YES!!!! I finally said exactly what I felt to a DCP after 10 years in the industry!!

(Keep in mind this is a very difficult DCM and she is constantly telling me how to care for her DD like I haven't raised 3 of my own or been in the daycare industry for over 10 years! This is the DCM who came into my home the first day and set the place up just the way she wanted it to be for her DD.)
GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Even if she doesn't hear a word you said....it still feels great doesn't it???

Yah you!!
melilley 10:54 AM 12-03-2013
Good for you!

And the nerve of her to tell you not to put her in pull ups!

Sometimes I don't think that parents think. Don't they realize that their children aren't the only ones here?

What did the dcm say?
williams2008 10:55 AM 12-03-2013

TwinKristi 10:59 AM 12-03-2013
You go girl!!!!
Maria2013 11:02 AM 12-03-2013

MCC 11:04 AM 12-03-2013
Way to go!
Heidi 12:51 PM 12-03-2013

originalkat 01:29 PM 12-03-2013
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Job!
Soccermom 01:39 PM 12-03-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
Good for you!

And the nerve of her to tell you not to put her in pull ups!

Sometimes I don't think that parents think. Don't they realize that their children aren't the only ones here?

What did the dcm say?
She just sassed me back saying - Well I didn't realize it was so much work to change a child's clothes and bedding. It only takes us a minute at home.

I reminded her that PNP's are not water proof and that it makes a much bigger mess to clean than wiping off a crib mattress at home. I also told her that I can't just change DCG's clothes and have her be full of pee all day. She needs to be washed properly.

She said - That's fine, I guess I'll have to hold off training her through naps then. (In a sassy annoyed voice).

I said - I guess. I will let you know when she has been dry here for a few weeks.

Hello!!! She is here more days than she is home for naps!! I think I know what I am doing. Some DCPS drive me nuts!
Leanna 02:35 PM 12-03-2013
I don't understand why a mom would make such a request when she knows the little girl doesn't yet have the control to make it through nap/sleep time. Why would you want your child sleeping in their own urine?
daycarediva 02:44 PM 12-03-2013
This is GROSS first of all!

GOOD FOR YOU for saying NO and being blunt. It OBVIOUSLY had very little affect on her anyway, but I bet it felt wonderful to say!
kitykids3 04:07 PM 12-03-2013
Good job!! Wish I could have those guts. I just had to ask a parent a second time in a row to not wear her wet shoes in on the carpet and the miffed look on her face got to me.
Good for you for not letting her run you over.
Sunshine74 07:36 PM 12-03-2013
I want to know how exactly she is "training" dcg not to pee while she sleeps. Subliminal messaging?
Soccermom 07:36 AM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I want to know how exactly she is "training" dcg not to pee while she sleeps. Subliminal messaging?
LOL! My thoughts exactly!
cheerfuldom 11:07 AM 12-04-2013
Originally Posted by Leanna:
I don't understand why a mom would make such a request when she knows the little girl doesn't yet have the control to make it through nap/sleep time. Why would you want your child sleeping in their own urine?
They do this because they want to save money on pullups and they are not the ones having to clean up the mess or deal with a kid that is upset for soiling themselves. They want their kid in underwear on your time so they get to say "my kid is potty trained!" but dont have to do the work themselves. She isn't really thinking about what is best for her child but what is best/easiest for herself.

If this parent really was interested in "training", the parents could have begun this at home or continued this at home to get closer to the two-weeks-no-accident rule. It doesn't take much to read between the lines though. The parent quit the plan as soon as the provider wasn't willing to execute it. I would take that as the parent not having any intention of doing the work, they wanted the provider to do it all.
hgonzalez 12:13 PM 12-04-2013
OMG! Just how exactly is she training her while she is sleeping. I have the same issue here, the kid does fine in underwear at home, but he insists on running around with no pants on.

He is wet...every...single...time...I take to go potty and he never asks me to go. Yep...he is potty trained....NOT>

Good for you for standing up for yourself and your home and other daycare kids!
Meeko 03:51 PM 12-04-2013
I don't like sassy talk from the kids let alone the parents. I have to admit I would have given her her walking papers for being so disrespectful. But that's just me....I am old enough to be the mother of most of my clients and I won't be talked down to by someone younger than some of my own kids.
MotherNature 04:32 PM 12-04-2013
She started rearranging your space???!!! Hellllllll naw. I'd have said something then too. Good for you for sticking up fr yourself.
caregiver 06:14 AM 12-05-2013
Good for you for speaking your mind!

This is kind of off subject, but along the same lines. I will try and make this short.
About 5 yrs ago on the first day of daycare of taking this DCB of about 1 yr and a half, the Mom gave me a 3 page outline of how she wanted me to care for DCB & what I could and could not do while caring for her son. It was ridiculous! I wasn't supposed to talk on the phone while he was here,have anyone visit, watch t.v or do much at all while he was napping except watch him sleep,no cleaning my house while he was here, no taking in my car anywhere,no answering the door if someone was here and a few other things. Well, I called her at work as she had left as soon as she handed me the papers and I told her point blank that I could not do what she asked as this was my DAYCARE business and I run it as how I see fit and don't appreciate her telling me how to care for her son and what I CAN & CAN"T do while he is here and told her I didn't think it was a good fit. Well, she begged me on the phone to keep him and rip up her guidelines and just do what I do. Well, I gave in to her and had him for about 3 months and then termed him as she was a problem, got along with the DCB, but not her as she came into my home on morning,marched into my kitchen and put DCB on my cupboard,standing him up to take his coat of,with wet boots and all. I asked her to not do that and she said this is how we do it at home and that did it for me, time to go find another daycare that would put up with her.
I felt bad because I liked the little boy,but did not get along with the Mom at all. I had other kids here in my Daycare and I think she was looking for someone to give him all the attention, like a nanny.
Nellie 06:48 AM 12-05-2013
Originally Posted by Sunshine74:
I wanted the magical answer to that too. My 5 year old son is just finally staying dry through nap and night.

Honestly if I had a parent make the comment about "how hard is it to clean up the bed and child". I would flip. I feel like I am running on barrowed time every day trying to get everything done. NO the rest of the group is not going get shorted on outside time because I have to spend an extra 15 mins to 1/2 hour washing everything.
I had a family think that it wasn't a big deal if there child had one accident per day. I did it for a bit, but it took me away from the group for a half hour washing carpet and not to mention the expense of carpet machine cleaner. Back in pull ups for him!!!
Maria2013 09:38 AM 12-05-2013
Originally Posted by Meeko:
I don't like sassy talk from the kids let alone the parents. I have to admit I would have given her her walking papers for being so disrespectful. But that's just me....I am old enough to be the mother of most of my clients and I won't be talked down to by someone younger than some of my own kids.

Tags:backbone
Reply Up