Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NJ License Copy
Lissa Kristine 08:38 PM 07-16-2019
I am wondering if there's a resource to find the a copy of a school's daycare license.

Without getting into too much detail, the school I am working at has a few red flags that make me a little wary. For one thing, there are no classroom sinks or even a changing area in the "infant" classroom. The only changing table is in the single school bathroom- which would be ok if dealing with a preschool serving ages 2-1/2 on up, but the school serves infants and young toddlers as well.

According to both the DCF Inspection Report and childcareexplorer.njccis.com, the school "serves ages 2-1/2 to 13." It doesn't mention anything about infants and toddlers. This has me concerned and I would love to see what the center is licensed for. I know I can call the state for information, but I don't want to risk one of these sources being out of date; there's a chance they only recently became licensed to allow infants/toddlers, but there's also a chance that they shouldn't have an infant/toddler program and should only teach preschool on up. I would rather go into a call knowing whether or not there is a legitimate reason to call or not.
Michael 11:56 PM 07-16-2019
Try this: https://childcareexplorer.njccis.com/portal/
Lissa Kristine 07:20 AM 07-17-2019
That gives me a license number, but I'm looking more for the full official license- dates, etc. If an inspector came in and asked to see a copy of the license, what would the daycare director show the inspector?

The site says this is a Temporary License for a daycare that serves ages 2-1/2 to 13. The school has been open for 25 years and has children under 2-1/2, so I'm curious to see what the actual license says and when it was issued.
Blackcat31 08:23 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Lissa Kristine:
That gives me a license number, but I'm looking more for the full official license- dates, etc. If an inspector came in and asked to see a copy of the license, what would the daycare director show the inspector?

The site says this is a Temporary License for a daycare that serves ages 2-1/2 to 13. The school has been open for 25 years and has children under 2-1/2, so I'm curious to see what the actual license says and when it was issued.
Can you call the state as a parent?

In my state parents have a right to see a current copy of our license. I must also post my license (with valid dates) in an area that is visible to all visitors to my facility.
Tags:new jersey - regulations, new jersey member
Reply Up