Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For All You Ladies Or Men Who Said You Won't Take Infants Anymore...
melilley 11:11 AM 03-25-2013
I now know why you have said that! I love, love, love babies, but I am quickly realizing that in the future after the 7 mo. old that I have now leaves, that I won't take any more children under 12 months! ( I do have my own son who is 8 months, but he is a super easy baby!) For me it just isn't working out! The baby I have cries a lot and it's hard with my mixed age group! Half of the time the older children who take a scheduled nap don't sleep very long because of the baby so there goes any kind of break. It was so easy when I worked in a center and had 6-12 babies in the room, but there were 2-3 teachers in the room! If I could have all babies then that would be great, but I can't. I rarely ever have any kind of break or down time! Not that I need a big one, just a few minutes please! So, I think that if this baby leaves in the summer, I will not take any more babies! I have a waiting list (well 2 babies), but I'm afraid I will have to tell them no. Ok, I think I'm done now! Thanks for listening!

By the way, for those of you who have mixed age groups with a baby or two, how do your days go?
Tags:infants
Up