Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pee Everywhere!
CountryRoads 02:49 PM 03-22-2021
Okay, that's a little dramatic, but it's SO gross.

I've got a couple boys who can just not keep their pee in the toilet. I've got one that dribbles on the floor and on the toilet. When he sits, he pees up under the lid and then it gets all over that way.

The other one lets it drip on the toilet and floor, as well. I have to go in after each one of them pees to clean up their mess. There was a literal puddle at the base of the toilet on the floor from one of them that I had to clean up last week.

I have boys of my own, so I know it happens, but this seems excessive.

Any advice?
284878 03:06 PM 03-22-2021
Sorry no advice.
Just have to say seriously DCB you don't need to talk to me while you're peeing. Every time you talk the flow stops. Just finish up wash your hands and then come talk to me.
Jo123ABC 06:39 PM 03-22-2021
How old are they? Start using a reward or incentive for no mess maybe. They need to care to do it without making a big mess.
Cat Herder 03:57 AM 03-23-2021
I have them straddle, front facing, horseback style. As they get taller, it get's easier for them.
daycarediva 09:46 AM 03-23-2021
I have them straddle facing the tank/backwards. When we switch to standing to pee, they have to be able to reach without the step stool, and we teach it like any other skill. I have a target vinyl decal on the inside of the bowl. Point, AIM. I VERY rarely have this issue. If they make a mess, they help clean it up.

I also had my husband caulk around the toilet/tile.
284878 06:24 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I have them straddle, front facing, horseback style. As they get taller, it get's easier for them.
The problem with straddling is that the kid has to full undress and in the process some will start to go before they get on. Hence still pee on the floor.
Sunshine69 06:40 AM 03-24-2021
My daycare is mostly boys, so I totally relate and sympathize.

For the little ones training, I request the parents send the kids in elastic waist pants so they’re easy for the child to take off. Even if they only take one leg out, you can still sit them on the potty backwards. I have the boys sit as far back as they can and lean forward so to aim into the potty better. If the parent keeps sending them in complicated pants so much so that they wet on the floor trying to get them off, that’s still an accident and the child will still be using pull-ups provided by parents as long as accidents persist.

For the kids that are old enough to do better but choose not to, I give them gloves and wipes to clean up after themselves. They seem to make a better effort if they can escape cleaning.
Cat Herder 06:46 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
The problem with straddling is that the kid has to full undress and in the process some will start to go before they get on. Hence still pee on the floor.
Mine don't.

They drop trough to knees, face toilet, hop on with both hands on tank, heels up to tush, then go. After they have peed, they turn around and sit to poop.

It is about getting them to arch their back.
284878 10:48 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Mine don't.

They drop trough to knees, face toilet, hop on with both hands on tank, heels up to tush, then go. After they have peed, they turn around and sit to poop.

It is about getting them to arch their back.
That is not how dcb use to do it. He would have to remove everything, including his socks, and then hop on, sitting backward but upright. In the process my floor/rug, back of toilet lid, and his clothing got wet. I turned him around and all my trouble was resolved. Going to the bathroom was no longer a three-ring circus.
Tags:boys, potty issues
Reply Up