Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Arriving Unattended
daycare 03:30 PM 04-12-2011
I have a DCfamily that the DCD allows for his 3.5 DCK arrive to my front door while unattanded so that he can get the other child out of the car.

The 3.5 year old will stomp through my plants, mess with stuff outside my porch and kick the door until someone opens it.

I have asked that parents accompany thier child, but I have not addressed this issue directly.

I would like to address this issue to all of my DCP in a reminder letter that I send home this week.

the thing that bothers me the most is that the child is unattended. the child can get hurt on a million things in my front yard, even though there is not much out there. I dont ever want a child on my property unsupervised...

Really I would like to be realsed of all libality of any person on my property in case of an accident until their child is signed in and then release libality once the child is signed out.

How would you alert the parents about this?? Or what do you have in your PHB if any
nannyde 03:55 PM 04-12-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
Really I would like to be realsed of all libality of any person on my property in case of an accident until their child is signed in and then release libality once the child is signed out.
The parents may sign away your liability but their insurance company won't agreee. They can't sign away the right to sue by another entity that has a financial stake in their health or safety.

If dck gets hurt on your property and the parents access medical care.. once their insurance company gets hit with the bill... THEY decide whether or not to come after YOU and your insurance company.

The highest liklihood of an injury on my property is the time the parents have the child on arrivals and departures. That's why I have to intercede if I see something dangerous.

The parents that let the older kid out and don't keep the kid next to them while they get the baby out are the ones that are putting you at risk. If they keep their older kid corraled and right next to them then you are usually good.

The only way I know to do this with sibs is to tell the parents they must bring the children in one by one. Have them bring the older child first and hand walk them to you. Then get the baby.

The parent is doing this so they don't have to do two trips in. Also, you can run into parents that the second they hit your driveway they WANT the kid to be on YOUR time. They are relieved because now they don't have to deal with the kid so they will surrender their care the second the kid gets out of the car.
daycare 04:07 PM 04-12-2011
hmmm I guess it was wishful thinking huh./...lol

this family is one that loves to linger..you know the ones that give 5 hugs and etc. I have gotten the DCP down from 20-30min drops to 5min drops, but they are still way too long.

The other child is 2 years old, so it is possible for the DCP to make the child wait by the door like they used to. This has been a recent thing and I am over it.

My husband also works nights and gets home just 25min before this family arrives. My husband has never complained of it before, but asked me about it this morning....ugh
Tags:arrival times, drop off issues
Reply Up