Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What is the BEST Double Stroller?
Lilbutterflie 05:59 AM 05-01-2012
I am in the market for a new/used double stroller. My current double stroller is the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Plus; and it is SO hard to push with two children in it!! Even harder to turn!! I am a little woman, only 5 feet tall. I need a double stroller that is as easy to push as possible. Any suggestions?

I am leaning toward a double jogger. My neighbor has a single jogging stroller that is the easiest stroller to push I have ever used. Anyone use a double jogging stroller for walks around the neighborhood? What are their pros and cons?
SunshineMama 06:36 AM 05-01-2012
Baby jogger. City mini series. It fits in my small trunk, I can steer with one hand, and it goes through doorframes easily. Ican take it on grass just fine, and it is durable. Cons? It's pricy. But it's a tax write off
lilcupcakes09 06:39 AM 05-01-2012
I was thinking of purchasing a sit & stand because my side by side is huge, glad to see you post this!
Unregistered 06:43 AM 05-01-2012
I have a double jogging stroller and I love it despite the fact that you have to fold it to get it through the front door.... But for outside it is awesome...it's easy to push , turns on a dime and is fairly lightweight. It goes really well on bumpy ground and, on pavement, it's a dream... I also have a single jogging stroller for days when I only have one smaller one so I don't have to haul the bigger one out...it's as good as the double one...our lawn is bumpy and rough but we can go anywhere on it (even down through the field if we want) and it's not hard work.

I checked the brand name .. "Expedition"..it has the over the shoulder type straps too which is great for littler ones . I got it at BabiesRUs a couple of years ago for less than $300.
Lilbutterflie 06:53 AM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I checked the brand name .. "Expedition"..it has the over the shoulder type straps too which is great for littler ones . I got it at BabiesRUs a couple of years ago for less than $300.
Is it the Baby Trend Expedition? There is one of these on Craigslist right now for $75 so I was thinking of picking it up!
Lilbutterflie 06:56 AM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by lilcupcakes09:
I was thinking of purchasing a sit & stand because my side by side is huge, glad to see you post this!
I do like the Sit N Stand Plus b/c you have the option of putting the second seat in the back or take it out and (if it's a preschool age child) allow the child to sit on the bench instead (they LOVE this!). Another plus is that it comes with an attachment bar for the front seat that allows you to click in ANY infant carseat.

However; it really is super hard to push. My large and strong husband even admits that it is hard for him to push and turn.
Unregistered 07:30 AM 05-01-2012
Yes it is Baby Trend and if it's in good condition, that would be a great price! Like I said, it's is fairly wide but for using outside, it is great...if you had a shed or somewhere to store it, you wouldn't have to lug it out every time...it also has little speakers in the compartment on the handle so you can plug your IPod or MP3 in and have it playing for everyone...
MarinaVanessa 07:41 AM 05-01-2012
I personally have the Graco DuoGlider and I love it for several reasons.
There are other reasons but I figure these were the most relevant reasons for you.

sharlan 07:50 AM 05-01-2012
I also have the Graco Duo Glider and use it a lot. I've been happy with it, although I do think that it's a bit heavy to lift.

I originally had the Peg Perrego double stroller and HATED it. It was so hard to push with two kids in it.
TBird 08:01 AM 05-01-2012
I don't have any particular preference, just something LIGHT. Yikes, those little bundles can be heavy.
KDC 08:27 AM 05-01-2012
I bought the Maclaren twin triumph stroller off craigslist with the intention of using it for our Disney vacation and reselling it afterwards... but I LOVE it, and have no intentions of reselling it. It handled great, my 6 yr. old even ended up being in it a lot more than we thought and it worked awesome. It pushed through the park like a dream, so compact that my Hubby didn't mind carrying it on the shuttle, busses and such. Works great for daycare as well, although the bigger ones still think its for them

There was a recall on the hinges, but I contacted the company and they sent covers free of charge right away. Definitely worth the $130 I paid for it!!
Lilbutterflie 09:04 AM 05-01-2012
So many great suggestions! Thanks ladies!
Michael 01:25 PM 05-01-2012
There was another thread on dounble strollers with some more suggestions: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32753
Unregistered 11:04 AM 08-31-2012
Lela has over 99% of the best infant strollers out there (the other 1% are the newer models they are researching). They helped gather the Double Strollers as well http://www.lela.com/Twin-Baby-Stroll...roller?filters[best.for]=BestForInfants&filters[seat.number]=NumberSeats_2

Did you know if you completed your Profile, you could get matched to the best product for you? I was paired up with the Baby Trend Inc Sit N Stand Deluxe Double Stroller and I love it!
DaisyMamma 01:23 PM 08-31-2012
I highly recommend the Phil & teds. I bought one used and would do it again. It has tires and is as small as a single jogger, with one seat practically ontop of the other. In any case I would go with a jogger that has a swivel wheel. They are the easiest to maneuver. I also have a graco duoglider that I never use. Its heavy and hard to push.
MamaBearCanada 01:41 PM 08-31-2012
I love the kolcraft contours double. It is not a side by side so fits easily through doorways. It's light & folds easily & has a huge basket. You can have 2 toddler
Seats or use infant bars to hold any brand of infant carseats or a combo of infant toddler. The toddler seats can face either direction & recline. I am really pleased with it. Big canopies too.

Sorry this is choppy I'm Typing on my phone
Lilbutterflie 02:05 PM 08-31-2012
This is an older thread (I started it back in May); but I wanted to add an update and give reviews on all 3 of the double strollers I have now owned.

I first had the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller.
Positives:
-can easily fit through a doorway
-the backseat can easily be transitioned from a seat (for babies and toddlers) into a bench (preschoolers)
-roomy storage basket
-nice parent tray and kids trays
-easy to fold
-great canopies
Negatives:
-HEAVY and hard to push, forget about grass or hills! This was a BIG negative for me b/c I use the double stroller mainly for walks in the neighborhood and we have hills and grassy areas I need to use.
-Neither seat reclines much at all

Next I bought the Graco Duoglider:
Positives
-seats recline almost fully, especially the back! The backseat is almost like a pram when reclined. Perfect for newborns
-easy to fit through doorways
-roomy storage basket
-Folds super easily
-great canopies
Negatives:
-It is still a little heavy and hard to push with two toddlers. Better than the Baby Trend, but still not great.

I sold the Graco and bought an Instep Safari Jogging Double Stroller:
Positives
-LOVE LOVE LOVE how easy it is to push!!! It takes very little effort to go uphill, through grass, or dirt. For me, this makes it better than any other stroller I've had so far.
-has removable seat pads that are washable and super comfy
-folds fairly compactly for a jogging stroller
-seats recline pretty far
Negatives
-canopy is not so good
-storage basket is not easily accessible
-my model doesn't have a parent tray or kids trays
-not sure it would fit through doorways, though I've never tried. Definitely not great for maneuvering through tight spaces though.
-not easily folded, though it's okay when you get the hang of it

Out of the three I've had, for walking through the neighborhood, the Instep Jogging stroller is THE BEST! I highly recommend it.
Michael 02:12 PM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
This is an older thread (I started it back in May); but I wanted to add an update and give reviews on all 3 of the double strollers I have now owned.

I first had the Baby Trend Sit N Stand Double stroller.
Positives:
-can easily fit through a doorway
-the backseat can easily be transitioned from a seat (for babies and toddlers) into a bench (preschoolers)
-roomy storage basket
-nice parent tray and kids trays
-easy to fold
-great canopies
Negatives:
-HEAVY and hard to push, forget about grass or hills! This was a BIG negative for me b/c I use the double stroller mainly for walks in the neighborhood and we have hills and grassy areas I need to use.
-Neither seat reclines much at all

Next I bought the Graco Duoglider:
Positives
-seats recline almost fully, especially the back! The backseat is almost like a pram when reclined. Perfect for newborns
-easy to fit through doorways
-roomy storage basket
-Folds super easily
-great canopies
Negatives:
-It is still a little heavy and hard to push with two toddlers. Better than the Baby Trend, but still not great.

I sold the Graco and bought an Instep Safari Jogging Double Stroller:
Positives
-LOVE LOVE LOVE how easy it is to push!!! It takes very little effort to go uphill, through grass, or dirt. For me, this makes it better than any other stroller I've had so far.
-has removable seat pads that are washable and super comfy
-folds fairly compactly for a jogging stroller
-seats recline pretty far
Negatives
-canopy is not so good
-storage basket is not easily accessible
-my model doesn't have a parent tray or kids trays
-not sure it would fit through doorways, though I've never tried. Definitely not great for maneuvering through tight spaces though.
-not easily folded, though it's okay when you get the hang of it

Out of the three I've had, for walking through the neighborhood, the Instep Jogging stroller is THE BEST! I highly recommend it.
Great info!
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:32 PM 08-31-2012
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I personally have the Graco DuoGlider and I love it for several reasons.
  • It's not side-by-side so it's narrow enough to fit through any doorway
  • They aren't expensive and run about $150 brand new (I bought mine used in excellent condition from CL for $80)
  • I think it's one of the easiest regular (not jogging) stroller that I have used and it turns easy
  • You can easily sit infant carriers/carseats (I have only tried Graco) into either seat and the sun shades create a cacoon of protection against wind/sun etc.
  • It is lighter than any other regular double stroller that I have ever used and I can easily lift it into my van or even up high onto my DHs pick-up truck (I'm 5'5" and weigh 115lbs)
  • The sun shades come off easily if you don't want to use them
  • When you fold it up it stands on it's own. I fold it up and throw it in the back of my van and leave it standing so I don't lose storage space back there by having to lay it down.
  • The rear seat lays down almost completely flat

There are other reasons but I figure these were the most relevant reasons for you.

I have that one and I have this one
http://www.target.com/p/in-step-flas..._qi_detaillink
I like them both I bought neither. I like the side by side for 2 older kidlets that want to see. I like the other one for the baby to be in back. I have a 15 yr old son that on the days I need to use both, he pushes one and I push the other. If I have to push older kidlets the side by side is easier to push and walk with. RIght now I could honestly use a quad but I don't want to pay the money and in another year 3 of them will be able to walk!
Jdy2222 05:51 PM 02-11-2018
Old subject, but my favorite, ever, is a Combi side by side (cosmo or sport, not the new one). I've had three of them and loved every single one of them. Easy to fit through doors, easy to maneuver one handed, and plenty of room, and folds up super small.
Rainbow 09:28 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by MamaBearCanada:
I love the kolcraft contours double. It is not a side by side so fits easily through doorways. It's light & folds easily & has a huge basket.
I have this stroller too and recommend it. The only thing I don't like is that it can get a little awkward with reclining the seats if they are facing opposite directions (1 forward/1 backward).

I also have a Britax B-agile double. I really like it and also recommend it. It is a side by side, so it is a little wider. It is super easy to push and turn, even 1 handed. Mostly, I have only used it when going for walks, so I haven't tried very many doors to see if it will fit through.

I have used other strollers that have 1,2, or 3 seats that were either just ok or I just downright hated, but both of these I highly recommend. I tend to like the Kolcraft contours more for infants and the Britax b-agile for toddlers, but they both work fine for either.
Hartman 04:47 AM 09-17-2019
Which is the cheap and best jogging stroller.
Cat Herder 05:50 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hartman:
Which is the cheap and best jogging stroller.
"Baby trend" seems to be the one most of my clients choose. Has great ratings, too. Several of them meet up after closing time weekly to run together.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
Tags:double stroller, stroller, stroller - 2 seat, stroller - reviews
Reply Up