Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need a Recording :)
SignMeUp 11:41 AM 07-09-2014
One of my teacher mom's is doing one day only this summer for her child.
She brings child in this morning, rattles off a list of questions and commands and hands me a bottle of pain reliever. Child is holding the med syringe and mom won't make child relinquish it. (Child is one year old. Med syringe is small.)
I direct her to the forms and notices for each of her issues: my vacation, her vacation, other random days she's taking off, etc. etc. etc. These forms have been in the same place for three years. (Her older child came here too.) My vacation has been posted since April.

She wants a calendar. (Pull out your phone! Or take off your shoes and use my calendar.) She wants a pen. (They are right above the forms, but she "already went out there" and forgot to get one. Yes, I know how hard it is to open the door and walk two steps ... ? Meanwhile, I have six kids waiting for my attention.)

She hands me child and turns to leave. I say, "Why do I have this med?"
Teething. (Sure. Of course.) "When did you give it to him last?" Just now.
"Please fill out the med notification form" Why? "Because I need to know when child last had it, or I can't give it to child again." But I just told you I gave it to child just now. (Sigh.) "I need it in writing."

I like kids. I really do. I like kids. But parents? .....
midaycare 11:45 AM 07-09-2014
I would love to hear a recording of that

As my 6-year-old says, "What a butt!"
KIDZRMYBIZ 11:59 AM 07-09-2014
I don't think a lot of parents take licensed daycare seriously. To me, it's a whole lot like big-kid school. There is so much paperwork and protocols to follow, because it's state government. I try to explain it to my clients like that.

And no matter how many times some dcms and dcds are told verbally, texted, posted, e-mailed, or had a note or letter sent home, it just doesn't sink in. Maybe you're right on the money, though! Perhaps a recording with all important information set to repeat in your entryway will plant something in the subconscious of those that seem to fumble about their day unconscious!
KiddieCahoots 12:05 PM 07-09-2014
Oh good grief!

She's a teacher!

You'd think she'd get it!?
SignMeUp 12:57 PM 07-09-2014

I knew you would all make me laugh, nod my head, and go uh-huh
I know, a teacher. Right? Bash me over the head emoticon needed
AmyKidsCo 01:21 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
Oh good grief!

She's a teacher!

You'd think she'd get it!?
In my experience, those are the WORST!
SignMeUp 01:25 PM 07-09-2014
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
In my experience, those are the WORST!
Most of mine haven't been. This one, I wonder how she got a degree.
nannyde 02:19 PM 07-09-2014
I don't allow kids to attend on Tylenol. I have to be able to tell if they have a fever.
hope 05:08 PM 07-09-2014
I don't allow on Tylenol either. If they are feeling bad enough to take meds then they are feeling too bad for daycare. If they give Tylenol in the am I will send them right back out the door. I do suspect some have dosed without telling me and I have termed.
SignMeUp 06:42 PM 07-09-2014
Oh, I was commenting (hmm, complaining ) on how needy this mom has become, after just a few weeks off the regular schedule. I am comfortable with my illness policy.
Reply Up