Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Late fee payment
kitkat 10:21 AM 02-26-2015
For those of you who make parents pay ahead of time, how/when do you collect late fees? I'm thinking of switching to paying ahead of time, but am unsure about how to handle late fees. Thanks!
CraftyMom 10:35 AM 02-26-2015
I use epay through minute menu, so I just create an invoice for it that gets emailed to them. Due by the end of the week.

Others make the fee due in cash before the child can return

Whatever works for you. But don't let this stop you from collecting payments ahead of time! These days I think everyone should be paid in advance to avoid getting ripped off! They can always pay the fee with their next payment if you are comfortable with that
DaveA 10:40 AM 02-26-2015
My policies state they must include the late fee in the next pay period's payment or the child may not attend.
daycarediva 10:47 AM 02-26-2015
I offer two payment options.

Friday by 5:30 for the following week- regular rate.

Monday at drop off in cash + $50

If they don't pay, they don't stay. If they don't pay by 5:30/closing Friday, I don't take payments over the weekend and their only other option is to pay Monday at drop off.

I got SICK of parents trying to track me down to pay me LATE on Saturdays and Sundays.
laundrymom 10:53 AM 02-26-2015
Diva!! I could kiss you!!
I'm soooooo adding this to my handbook!!!
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

If they don't pay, they don't stay. If they don't pay by 5:30/closing Friday, I don't take payments over the weekend and their only other option is to pay Monday at drop off.

I got SICK of parents trying to track me down to pay me LATE on Saturdays and Sundays.

Blackcat31 10:56 AM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

Same here.

I made sure to write "calendar days" for late fees as most parents simply assume weekends don't count

If they no show on Monday morning, the fees keep racking up....until day 7. After no contact or payment for 7 days, family is automatically terminated and their space is filled.

Parents can choose to pay me on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly option so long as payment is paid BEFORE services and according to the payment option chosen upon enrollment.
laundrymom 10:57 AM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Same here.

I made sure to write "calendar days" for late fees as most parents simply assume weekends don't count

If they no show on Monday morning, the fees keep racking up....until day 7. After no contact or payment for 7 days, family is automatically terminated and their space is filled.

Parents can choose to pay me on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly option so long as payment is paid BEFORE services and according to the payment option chosen upon enrollment.
I'm still going through bc's contract. Lol. Picking and choosing what fits for us. I have had the same contract for about 25 years. It needed revamped. Lol
kitkat 10:59 AM 02-26-2015
Thanks everyone! I have a new family starting in September (teacher family whose provider will be done at the end of the current school year). They will have one day that we know will be longer and have adjusted the rate for. However, I'm sure a second day could easily pop up during the week where they need to stay late. I'm just trying to figure out the easiest way to collect payment. Thanks again for sharing how you handle it!
Blackcat31 11:00 AM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I'm still going through bc's contract. Lol. Picking and choosing what fits for us. I have had the same contract for about 25 years. It needed revamped. Lol
I told you it was looooooong.
Reply Up